Autocorrect was created with the idea to help fix typos or other spelling errors that you make when typing on your smartphone. But Autocorrect can sometimes be an issue, when it autocorrects something that is not wrong. This issue continues with the Samsung Galaxy J3 as autocorrect can be a headache sometimes.
For those that don’t want to use autocorrect, there is a way to disable autocorrect on the Samsung Galaxy J3 smartphone. You can either disable autocorrect forever or just when typing words that autocorrect may not recognize. The following is a guide on how to turn off and on Autocorrect on Samsung Galaxy J3.
How to turn on and off autocorrect on Samsung Galaxy J3:
- Turn on the Galaxy J3
- Go to a screen that shows the keyboard
- Near the left “Space Bar” select and hold the “Dictation Key”
- Then select on the “Settings” gear option
- Below the section that says “Smart Typing”, select on “Predictive Text” and disable it
- Another option is to disable different settings like auto-capitalization and punctuation marks
Later if you decide you want to know how to turn autocorrect “ON” using your Galaxy J3, all you need to do is go back to the keyboard and go to settings and change the autocorrect feature to “ON” to make things go back to normal.
It’s important to note that for those that have an alternative keyboard installed through Google Play, the method to turn off and on autocorrect on the Samsung Galaxy J3 may be a little different based upon how the keyboard is laid out.