How To Turn ON And OFF Google Pixel Or Pixel XL With Broken Power Button
Some have reported that after using the Google Pixel or Pixel XL for sometime, there could be a chance that you can break the Pixel or Pixel XL power button. Then it becomes hard to turn on and off the Pixel or Pixel XL when the power button is broken without wasting battery. So you may be asking, how to turn ON and OFF Google Pixel or Pixel XL without power button working?
Don’t worry if you’ve broken or damaged the power button on your smartphone; just follow the step-by-step instructions below how to turn Pixel or Pixel XL OFF and ON without power button. These instrucions are the same for the Pixel or Pixel XL.
How to turn ON Pixel or Pixel XL without using the power button:
- When the Pixel or Pixel XL is turned off, press and hold the volume button for a few seconds.
- While holding the volume button, connect the Pixel or Pixel XL to a computer using a USB cable.
- Wait for your phone to boot to Download mode.
- Then press down on the volume rocker to cancel the operation.
- After the operation has canceled, the Pixel or Pixel XL will reboot and turn on.
- You have successfully turned on the Pixel or Pixel XL without using the power button.
How to turn OFF Pixel or Pixel XL without using the power button:
- Press the home button and go to the Home screen.
- Select on the “Applications” icon.
- Browse and select the Play Store icon.
- In the “Search” box, type in “Button Savior”.
- Download and install the application.
- You can also download Button Savior on the web if you cannot download it via the Play Store.
- After installation, open Button Savior.
- After enabling Debugging Mode, open Button Savior and Select “Kill/Start Button Savior Service”.
- A screen will pop-up with a small arrow on the right side of the screen.
- Select it to convert it into icons.
- Tap and hold on the “Power” button on the lowest part of the icon list to see device options.
- Select on the “Power off” option to turn off your device.
- You have successfully turned off the Pixel or Pixel XL without using its power button.