How To Use Google Pixel And Pixel XL As A Flashlight
At one point or other, there comes a time where you want to use the Google Pixel or Pixel XL as a flashlight. After all, odds are when you’re in an unexpected dark spot, you’re more likely to have your phone on hand than to just conveniently have a flashlight in your back pocket. The Pixel or Pixel XL flashlight is no LED Maglight replacement, of course, but it will do a great job in helping out in times that you need a light source for Pixel or Pixel XL and you don’t have any other options on hand.
In the past, you would need to download an app to turn on the flashlight for a Google Pixel or Pixel XL smartphone. You can avoid downloading a Pixel or Pixel XL Torch app, though, because Google includes a widget that will turn the Pixel or Pixel XL flashlight on and off. A widget is a small shortcut that you add to the home screen of Pixel or Pixel XL. It looks like a typical app icon and it will turn the flashlight on or off.
This guide will teach you how to use the Torch widget and easily use the flashlight feature on your Pixel or Pixel XL.
This is how to use Google Pixel or Pixel XL as a flashlight:
- Turn on your Google Pixel or Pixel XL.
- With you finger, press down on the home screen down until the “Wallpapers,” “Widgets,” and “Home screen settings” options show up on the screen.
- Select “Widgets.”
- Browse all the widgets until you see “Torch.”
- Select and hold “Torch” and move it to an open position on the home screen, just as you would with a regular app.
- When you need to use the flashlight on Pixel or Pixel XL, just select the “Torch” icon.
- To turn off the flashlight, you can tap the icon again or go to the notification settings to turn off Torch.
The instructions above should help answer the question for those who asked, “How do I use the flashlight on my Google Pixel or Pixel XL?” If you want to use the launcher to use the flashlight on a Pixel or Pixel XL, it should be similar, except some of the widgets might be in different locations.