How To Zoom Out Magnifier On Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus
The Magnifier is not just about taking pictures with your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus camera app. People with vision problems or who have difficulties reading small fonts can actually use a special magnifier window and significantly improve their experience.
When activated, the Magnifier acts as a small window on your display that you can drag around. Wherever you place it, the font in that area is magnified. When you don’t want to use it anymore, you can easily disable this magnifier window feature and make the window from the display go away.
Before you get there, however, we’d like to show you two different ways on how to actually enable this feature. That’s because you don’t have it activated by default. To use it, you will have to either access the general settings menu or the direct access menu. Let’s see what’s this all about.
Option #1 – Enable the Magnifier feature from the Settings menu
- Launch the Notification shade by swiping downwards from the top of the screen, no matter what screen you currently use;
- Select the gear icon to access the general Settings menu;
- Scroll down until you identify the Accessibility section;
- Under the Accessibility section, tap on Vision;
- In here, scroll down once again until you identify the option labeled as Magnifier window;
- Enable the Magnifier window by sliding the switch from the right side of the option to On – you’ll recognize that you activated it when the switch turns blue and the Magnifier window pops on the screen;
- Make sure you’re happy with the zoom level or adjust it by sliding the dedicated adjustment bar – drag it to the left if you want a lower zoom and to the right if you want a higher zoom;
- Also, make sure you check the Magnifier size option – if you tap on it, you will get to choose between Large, Medium and Small;
- Leave the menus when you’re ready to start using the Magnifier feature as it is.
Option #2 – Enable the Magnifier feature from the Direct Access menu
If you have already enabled the Direct Access feature on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus, you can use it to launch the Magnifier window anytime, from any screen. All you would have to do is to:
- Access the Direct Access menu with three short taps on the Home key;
- Select the Magnifier window option from the menu;
- Start using this feature as it will immediately pop up on the screen.
Things are pretty straight-forward on this topic, but if you do have questions on how to use the magnifier window feature on any Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus, drop us a note and we’ll be happy to help.