How You Can Reset Password On iPhone 8 Plus When Locked Out
It’s sometimes very possible to forget the password of your iPhone and then you will need a way to bypass when locked out so that you can reset the passcode. There are several methods that you can use to reset your passcode including carrying out a hard factory reset which will delete all your files on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. But there are other methods you can make use that will delete your files. You can make use of the guide below to learn three effective ways of resetting the lock screen password when you forget your password.
Choose a way to erase your iPhone 8 Plus
If you haven’t carried out the backup process on your iPhone before, as soon as your screen locks you out, it becomes impossible. To reset the password of your iPhone, you will need to erase your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
- If you have already synced your Apple iPhone to iTunes, then you can use the iTunes method.
- Alternatively, if your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus is connected to your iCloud or to Find My iPhone app, then you can also use the iCloud method.
- If your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus is not connected to any of the services mentioned above, then you will need to use the Recovery method.
Using iCloud service to Erase your iPhone 8 Plus
- Visit iCloud.com/find with another iPhone.
- If prompted, provide your Apple ID details to sign in.
- You can now click on ‘All Devices’ located on the top of your browser.
- Click on ‘Erase Device.’ This will erase your iPhone and the forgotten password.
- After doing this, you can now restore from a backup device or set up as new.
It’s crucial to point out that you will need to connect your iPhone to a Wi-Fi or a cellular network for you to use the Find My iPhone service.
Using the iTunes service to Erase your iPhone 8 Plus
- You will need to connect your Apple iPhone 8 to a computer
- Start iTunes and type in the password if requested, you can use another computer that you have synced with your iPhone.
- Wait for some minutes for your Apple iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus to sync with iTunes and then carry out a backup.
- When the Sync process is completed, and the backup has finished, select Restore [your device].
- As soon as Set Up screen appears on your iPhone 8 Plus, click on Restore from iTunes backup.
- Click on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus in iTunes. Browse for the date and size of the backed up files and choose the latest and most relevant one.
Using the Recovery Mode option to Erase your iPhone 8 Plus
If your iPhone has never been synced with services like the iTunes and Find My iPhone in iCloud, then you will need to use the Recovery method to fix this issue on your device. This method will effectively erase your iPhone and password.
- You will need to connect your iPhone to a computer and click on iTunes.
- When your Apple iPhone 8 is connected, you will have to forcefully restart it: (You can do this by Pressing and holding on to Sleep key and the Home key for some seconds, do not remove your hand until the Recovery mode appears)
- Two options will appear that you can select from, Restore or Update. Click on Update. The iTunes service will reinstall your iOS without having to delete your files. You will need to wait for a few minutes for iTunes to download the software for your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.