How to Install Google Play on Huawei Devices
Huawei is a great brand of Android phones which offers exceptional value for money. However, due to recent developments, principally, an increasingly bitter dispute with the US government over security issues, China has banned certain foreign products and services, including Google.
Without getting too political, let’s just say it’s affected some Chinese products as well. Unfortunately, Huawei is one of them. As a result, their phones no longer have Google Play or any other Google services built-in. They have their own replacements for apps, browsers, etc. – which is great for their Chinese users.
But don’t worry, you can install Google Play on your Huawei phone. Read on for more details.
How to Install Google Play on Huawei and Honor Phones
There are several methods for installing Google Play on Huawei and Honor. Wait? Who mentioned anything about Honor? Well, it’s actually Huawei’s off-brand and it shares most of the features of Huawei phones. Basically, it’s the same deal, only more affordable because it doesn’t carry the Huawei name.
The following methods you’re about to read about work on multiple Huawei and Honor devices, including Huawei P20 Pro, P30 Pro, Nova 4, Honor Magic 2, Honor 8X, Honor 10 Lite, Mate 20 Pro, and Honor View 20.
All of these methods work. All that’s left is for you to choose your preferred option.
Use Google Play APK File
The most popular method for installing Google Play on Huawei phones is probably via the APK file. Follow these steps to do so:
- Open the Settings app on your Huawei or Honor phone.
- Scroll down and select Advanced Settings.
- Then, select Security followed by Enable Installation from Unknown Sources.
- Confirm the warning prompt with OK if you agree.
- Next, you need to follow these links to download the Google Play Store, Google Play Services, and Google Services Framework
- Install all of the download files, in the same order.
- When you finish installing the files, you should see the Google Play app on your Apps screen. Tap on it.
- Use your Google credentials to log in, or create a new account.
That’s it! You can use Google Play normally after you completed the steps successfully. If this method doesn’t work for you, check out the method below.
Use Google Installer
If the Google Play APK files method doesn’t suit you, try using the Google Install APK like in the instructions:
- Download the following APK files to your device. The first one is Google Installer APK and the other one is Google Play Store APK.
- Go to your phone Settings, and select Advanced Settings. Enable Installation from Unknown Sources, and confirm the prompt.
- Use your Huawei file manager to find and open the Google Installer APK.
- Follow the setup instructions until the APK is installed.
- When done, launch the Google Installer.
- Tap on the blue circle icon with Install and then tap the yellow circle icon.
- Select the red circle icon and accept the terms of the agreement, giving all the required permissions.
- Locate the Google Play Store APK on your phone and open it. Follow the setup instructions.
- Install Google Play Services, Play Store, and all other Google apps that you need. That’s it!
Use GSM Installer
Finally, if the other methods failed you, you can use the GSM installer. Follow these steps:
- Once again, you need to Enable Installation from Unknown Sources (Settings> Advanced Settings>Security>OK on your device).
- Download and install the GSM Installer on your device.
- Download the Google Play Store APK from the link.
- Install it on your Huawei device.
- Tap on the Google Play Store app when the setup is complete.
- Log in to the app with your Google username and password.
There you go. This is the final method for installing Google Play on Huawei phones. Hopefully, you managed to follow the steps and had no trouble doing so.
Enjoy Using Google Play
Google Play is probably the most essential app on all Android devices. In that respect, China has really made things difficult for everyone by banning it from their devices. Luckily, there are some workarounds, just like the methods we outlined above.
Which one did you use to install Google Play on your Huawei phone? What Huawei phone are you using? Share that and anything else on the topic in the comments section below.