iPhone 7 And iPhone 7 Plus Screen Stop Working (Solution)
The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus screen stop working seems like a common issue with those that own the new smartphone from Apple. Some of the problems noticed on the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus includes part of the screen doesn’t work, touch screen is not responsive and similar touch screen problems. Below we’ll get into some of the solutions that you can use to fix your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus screen stopped working that is causing you a headache.
The iPhone 7’s touch screen is not always responsive towards the bottom of the screen. This means users have to move the apps and the controls on the farther end of the phone to the middle of the phone to keep using it without interruption.
Reasons for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus screen stop working:
- Sometimes during the shipping process of the phone, the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus touch screen gets messed up during this process and the performance of the touch screen due to excessive bumps doesn’t work properly.
- Sometimes the touch screen problem is because of software bugs. Apple always releases software updates to fix these problems, but sometimes it takes some time.
Ways to fix iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus screen stop working
Complete factory reset
- Turn on your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus.
- Go to Settings and select on General.
- Browse and tap on Reset.
- Enter your Apple ID and Apple ID password.
- Now the process to reset your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus should take a few minutes.
- Once reset, you’ll see the welcome screen asking you to swipe to continue.
Clear phone cache
Select on Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage. Then select on Manage Storage. After that tap an item in Documents and Data. Then slide unwanted items to the left and tap Delete. Finally tap Edit > Delete All to remove all the app’s data.
Remove the Sim card
Turn off your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus smartphone. Then take out the SIM card and reinsert your SIM Card. Then turn back on your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus to see if the problem has been solved.
Complete a hard reset
It’s important to note that doing an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus hard reset, it’ll remove and delete all data, apps, and settings. You should back up your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus to prevent any data from being lost. The way to back up data on your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus is by going to Settings > Backup & reset. You can also read this more detailed guide on how to hard reset iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
- Press and hold Apple iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus sleep/wake button and home buttons at the same time.
- Hold them both for at least 10 seconds.
- The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will go through an unusual process until it starts back up again.
- You’ll be back on the home screen.