If you’ve added Kodi to your Amazon Fire TV stick or device (which is now more effortless than ever), then you probably want it easily accessible. If you’re a newer Kodi user, you’ll see why it may become one of your most-used applications once you learn your way around it.
Also see our article Best Kodi Addons for Watching Live TV
Since you’ll probably want to use Kodi on your Fire TV stick or device quite often, we’re going to tell you how you can add it to your Recent Apps drawer. We’ll also show you how to move Kodi in your list of applications, so it’s visible from your home screen.
Let’s get down to it.
Add Kodi to Recent Apps
To get Kodi to appear in the Recent Apps menu on your Fire TV stick or device, just launch it. Whatever apps you’ve recently used shows up there. It sounds simple enough, but that only works if you’ve already used the Kodi app. If you haven’t used the Kodi application yet, how do you find it? We’ll tell you.
You may have noticed the new user interface installed on your Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV that Amazon rolled out. The Menu has moved from the left side of your screen to the top.
- On your Fire TV device, from the Home screen, scroll down to Your Apps & Games.
- Click right all the way to the end of Your Apps & Games. Then, click “See All” with your Amazon remote.
- Search Your Apps & Games until you’ve found Kodi. Once you find it, just click on Kodi to launch it.
Now when you get back to the home screen on your Fire TV stick or device, you’ll see Kodi in your recent apps. Every time you use any app on your Fire TV, it’ll show up in the recent apps menu.
Add Kodi to be Visible in Your Apps & Games Menu
Wouldn’t it be nice to get to the Kodi application a little quicker? Let’s look at how you can move the Kodi app and make it more accessible. To get it set up, first you’ll need to follow these steps:
- On the Home screen use your Fire TV remote and scroll down to Your Apps & Games.
- Right click your remote’s large circular button until you get to “See All,” then select it.
- Next, find the Kodi app but don’t click on it. Instead, click on the button with the three horizontal lines on your remote while hovering over it.
- You should see a few options to choose from on the lower right-hand side of your TV screen. You can “Move,” “Move to front,” or “Uninstall” the Kodi app.
- If you want Kodi at the front of your Apps & Games list, click “Move to front” Otherwise, click on “Move” and you’ll get the chance to place Kodi where you’d like it to appear in the list.
Now you’ve put the Kodi app in a better place for you to get to it easily. This also works with any app on your Fire TV Stick or device. That’s much better than having to scroll and click through a bunch of menu screens, don’t you think?
You’re now able to get the Kodi application to appear in your recent apps drawer on your Amazon Fire TV Stick or device. Also, you’re in the know about how you can move Kodi or other apps to your preferred location in the list of Your Apps & Games. Move apps that you want to access quickly to the front of the line, where they’re easily found right on your Amazon Fire TV home screen.
Once you’re comfortable with Kodi, you may want to check out some of our more advanced Kodi tips and hacks.