LG G6 Won’t Turn ON (Solution)
If your LG G6 doesn’t turn on, but the bottom LEDs are still lighting up, you may have stumbled across an issue that many other LG G6 owners have had trouble with in the past. Sometimes this issue remains permanent, whilst other times it happens on and off. Either way it’s important to solve the issue whilst you still can. Before trying the tips in this guide, make sure to charge your LG G6 overnight to double check whether there’s an issue with your battery.
Hit the Power button
For our first troubleshooting tip, we’d suggest attempting to power the LG G6 on after charging it overnight. Use the “Power” button to determine whether the issue still exists – if it does, take a look at the rest of the troubleshooting tips in this guide. Otherwise, you may need to send your LG G6 in for repair.
Boot to Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
This guide will allow you to boot your LG G6 into recovery mode so that you can wipe the cache.
- Make sure the LG G6 is switched off, then hold the home, power and volume up buttons simultaneously.
- After a few seconds the device will vibrate; let go of the power button, but keep the volume up and home button held down.
- The Android System Recovery screen will appear. Use the “Volume Down” button to move down and highlight “wipe cache partition.” Next press the Power button to select that option.
- Once the cache partition has been wiped, the LG G6 will reboot.
Here’s a more in-depth guide on how to clear cache on the LG G6
Boot to Safe Mode
Using “Safe Mode” can be useful to stop downloaded apps from causing any system issues. Safe Mode will only run official LG G6 apps, so it can be used to determine whether another app is causing the problem. Follow the steps below to boot into Safe Mode:
- Hold down the power button.
- When the LG logo appears, let go of the power button and hold down the Volume down key.
Factory Reset LG G6
One of the best ways to fix ongoing issues with the LG G6 is to perform a factory reset. Please note that using this method will wipe any existing files and data on your LG G6. Here is how to factory reset the LG G6.
Get Technical Support
Still having issues after following all of these steps? At this point your best bet may be to get technical support from an expert. We’d suggest to visit your retailer, call LG or visit an experienced smartphone repair technician.