LG V10 Problems With WiFi (Solutions)
The LG V10 problems with WiFi seems like a common issue with those that own the new smartphone from LG. Some of the problems noticed on the LG V10 include a slow Wifi/weak Wifi connection, WiFi switches to data automatically and the ability to forget a WiFi connection on the LG V10. Below we’ll get into some of the solutions that you can use to fix your LG V10 problems with WiFi that is causing you a headache.
A common issue is the slow WiFi speed on the LG V10 is when you use apps like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Whatsapp and many of the icons and pictures look gray, which either don’t come up at all, or take forever to load. But when the WiFi signal is strong and the WiFi is still slow, this can be a frustrating problem and we can help you fix it. Below are some quick suggestions on how to fix LG V10 WiFi problem.
How to fix slow wifi on LG V10:
- Power off the LG V10
- Hold the power off, volume up and the home button all at the same time
- After some seconds, the LG V10 will vibrate once and the recovery mode is started
- Search for the entry called “wipe cache partition” and start it
- After a few minutes the process is complete and you can restart the LG V10 with “reboot system now”
LG V10 switches from WiFi to Data randomly
The way that the LG V10 WiFi connection switches from WiFi to data is based on the WLAN to mobile data connection option that is activated in the Android settings of the LG V10. The name of this setting is called “Smart network switch” and was designed on the LG V10 in order to automatically switch between Wi-Fi and mobile networks, such as LTE, to build up a stable network connection all the time. The good news is that this WiFi setting can be adjusted to fix the LG V10 WiFi problem.
Disable the smart network switch on LG V10 and fix the WiFi problem:
- Turn on your LG V10.
- Enable the mobile data connection of the LG V10.
- After the mobile data connection is enabled, go to Menu -> Settings -> Wireless.
- At the start of the page you will see the option “Smart network switch”.
- Uncheck this option to obtain a not so stable wireless connection of your LG V10 with the router still upright.
- Now your LG V10 will no longer automatically switch between Wi-Fi and the mobile Internet.
How to forget a saved Wi-Fi network:
To delete a saved Wifi network on the LG V10, go to the settings menu and look for the WiFi section. Browse for the network that you want to delete and remove from your LG V10. Once you find the WiFi connection, long press it, and then select “Forget.” (There’s also a “modify” option, which mostly is a nice way to change the Wifi password saved on your device.)
- Turn on the LG V10.
- Swipe down on the screen to open up the notification panel and select Settings.
- Browse to the Network connections section and then tap Wi-Fi.
- If Wi-Fi is off, select the ON/OFF switch to turn it on.
- Select the required Wi-Fi network profile you want to forget and select Forget
- The selected Wi-Fi network profile has been forgotten.
Get Technical Support
For those that have done everything they can to fix the slow Internet connection on the LG V10, it’s suggested to take the smartphone back to the store or to a shop where it can be physically checked for any damaged. If proven defective by a technician, a replacement unit may be provided for you of it could be repaired.