Locked Out Of Galaxy S8: Learn How To Bypass Lock With This Guide
I am sure you have been in that certain situation where you cannot seem to remember your password. If this is the case, you might be wondering how to solve this problem. In most cases, you will need to do a factory reset of your Galaxy S8. However, if you follow this guide, you will learn a much easier and hassle free way to open your Galaxy S8 if you forgot your password while still keeping your valuable data.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Unlock Using Samsung Find My Mobile
You can use the Find My Mobile service that Samsung has if you were registered your Galaxy S8 previously. This is what the “Remote Controls” will be useful for. You will be able to go through your Galaxy S8 lock screen since it will be temporarily reset. We recommend you to register your Galaxy S8 with Samsung to use this great feature.
- Samsung should have your Galaxy S8 registered
- Reset your phone using Find My Mobile service temporarily
- With your temporary password you just created go through the lock screen
- A new password should be set
Samsung Galaxy S8 Unlock using Android Device Manager
You can use the “Lock” feature for your Galaxy S8 using Android Device Manager as an alternative to being locked out but you still know that you registered it to the service. You can reset your password on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus from a computer near you if you want to use the “Lock” feature.
- From your computer, navigate to Android Device Manager
- Locate the Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus that is yours on the screen
- Turn on the feature Enable “Lock & Erase”
- Lock your phone using the given steps on the screen
- Make temporary password for now
- Your Galaxy S8 should have a temporary password on your Galaxy S8
- Officially make a new password
How To Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S8
You should back up all your information such as your photos, contacts and other valuable information as all of this will be erased once your do a factory reset of your Galaxy S8. You can do this by following this guide on how to factory reset a Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. You can back up your data for your Galaxy S8 by simply hitting Settings, then going to Backup & Reset.