OnePlus 3 Problems With Touch Screen (Solved)
The OnePlus 3 problems with touch screen seems like a common issue with those that own the new smartphone from OnePlus. Some of the problems noticed on the OnePlus 3 includes part of the touch screen doesn’t work, touch screen is not responsive and similar touch screen problems. Below we’ll get into some of the solutions that you can use to fix your OnePlus 3 problems with touch screen that is causing you a headache.
The OnePlus 3’s touch screen is not always responsive towards the bottom of the screen. This means users have to move the apps and the controls on the farther end of the phone to the middle of the phone to keep using it without interruption.
Reasons for OnePlus 3 touch screen not working:
- Sometimes during the shipping process of the phone, the OnePlus 3 touch screen gets messed up during this process and the performance of the touch screen due to excessive bumps doesn’t work properly.
- Sometimes the touch screen problem is because of software bugs. OnePlus always releases software updates to fix these problems, but sometimes it takes some time.
Ways to fix OnePlus 3 touch screen not working
Just popping the SIM card out of the phone and popping it back in is the shortest, most straightforward method, so give it a try first. Turn off your OnePlus 3 smartphone first. Then take out the SIM card and reinsert your SIM card. Then turn back on your OnePlus 3 to see if the problem has been resolved.
Another fix for the problem is deleting the cache, in case the problem is being caused by an app that’s running. When you hold down the volume button down till the OnePlus logo appears it will ask you whether you want to wipe cache partition. Select ‘yes.’ You can also read this more detailed guide on how to clear cache on OnePlus 3.
- Turn the OnePlus 3 off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Power, and Home buttons at the same time until the OnePlus logo shows up and the phone vibrates.
- Then let go of the Power button and continue to hold the other buttons down.
- Use the volume buttons to scroll down to highlight ‘Wipe Cache Partition.’
- Press the Power button to select it.
- Scroll down to ‘Yes’ and press the Power button to select it.
- Scroll to ‘Reboot System Now’ and press the Power button to select it.
- Your OnePlus 3 will reboot with a cleared system cache
Complete a hard reset
It’s important to note that doing a OnePlus 3 hard reset–a factory reset–will remove and delete all data, apps, and settings on the device. You should back up your OnePlus 3 to prevent any data from being lost. The way to back up data on your OnePlus 3 is by going to Settings > Backup & reset. You can also read this more detailed guide on how to hard reset OnePlus 3. As the most drastic measure, it’s recommended that you try this method last, if the previous methods were unsuccessful.
- Turn off the OnePlus 3.
- Press and hold at the same time: Volume Up + Home button + Power button, until you see the OnePlus logo.
- Using the volume buttons to scroll through options, select from the Recovery Mode menu ‘wipe data / factory reset.’ Press the Power button to confirm your choice.
- Select ‘Yes — delete all user data’ to confirm the whole operation.
- After that, select the option ‘reboot system now.’