How To Turn ON And OFF Pixel And Pixel XL With Broken Power Button
Some have reported that after using the Google Pixel and Pixel XL for a decent amount of time, there could be a chance that you can break the power button on the Pixel and Pixel XL. As you can probably imagine, it becomes more difficult to turn the Pixel and Pixel XL on or off when the power button is broken, unless you decide to just wait for the battery to run out of power. And really, that’s a bit of a waste. So you may be asking, how do you turn ON and OFF Google Pixel and Pixel XL without the power button working? You’ll need access to a computer for part of this (and if you have a newer Mac, you’ll need a USB-C to USB adapter), but it’s actually a pretty simple process.
Don’t worry if you’ve broken or damaged the power button on your smartphone; just follow the step-by-step instructions below how to turn Pixel and Pixel XL OFF and ON without the power button. These instructions are the same for the Pixel and Pixel XL.
How to turn ON Pixel and Pixel XL without using the power button:
- When the Pixel or Pixel XL is turned off, press and hold the volume button for a few seconds.
- While holding the volume button down, connect the phone to a computer using a USB cable.
- Wait for your phone to boot to Download mode.
- Once it’s done that, press down on the volume rocker to cancel the operation.
- After the operation has been canceled, the phone will reboot and turn on.
- You have successfully turned on the Pixel and Pixel XL without using the power button.
How to turn OFF Pixel and Pixel XL without using the power button:
- Press the home button and go to the Home screen.
- Select on the “Applications” icon.
- Browse and select the Play Store icon.
- In the “Search” box, type in “Button Savior.”
- Download and install the application. You can also download Button Savior on the web if for some reason you cannot download it via the Play Store.
- After it finishes installing, open Button Savior.
- After enabling Debugging Mode, open Button Savior and Select “Kill/Start Button Savior Service.”
- A screen will pop-up with a small arrow on the right side of the screen.
- Select it to convert it into icons.
- Tap and hold on the “Power” button on the lowest part of the icon list to see device options.
- Select the “Power off” option. As you can likely guess, this option will power the device down.
- You have successfully turned off the Pixel and Pixel XL without using its power button.