How to Fix Your OnePlus 3 Screen If It Won’t Turn On
As with all smartphones, some users have reported problems with the OnePlus 3 device. One common report is that the OnePlus 3’s screen won’t turn on. The buttons light up but the screen remains black and nothing is displayed.
In this article I will teach you several simple methods to troubleshoot this problem with your OnePlus 3 smartphone.
Check the Battery
The first thing to try is to connect the OnePlus 3’s charger to a power outlet to make sure that the problem isn’t just a dead battery.
Hit the Power Button
The next thing to try is to press the “Power” button several times to try to turn the device off and on again.
Boot to Safe Mode
Booting to “safe mode” puts your OnePlus 3 in a special mode which only lets it run pre-loaded apps. This will let you test to see if the display issue is being caused by a rogue program.
- Press and hold the Power button.
- After the OnePlus screen appears, let go of the Power button tap and hold the “Power Off” option.
- When it’s restarting, the Safe Mode text will be visible in the bottom left corner of the screen.
If the display problem goes away in safe mode, then there’s a problem with one of your apps and you’ll need to uninstall your most recently-installed apps until the problem goes away.
Boot to Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
If safe mode didn’t resolve the issue, then you can try rebooting your phone into recovery mode and wiping the cache partition.
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons at the same time
- After the phone vibrates, let go of the Power button, while still holding the other two buttons until Android System Recovery screen appears.
- Using the “Volume Down” button, highlight “wipe cache partition” and press the Power button to select it.
- After the cache partition is cleared, the OnePlus 3 will reboot automatically
Read this guide for a more detailed explanation on how to clear cache on the OnePlus 3
Get Technical Support
If none of these methods have worked in trying to get the OnePlus 3 to turn on after charging, it’s time to take the smartphone back to the store or to a shop where it can be physically checked for any damage.
Do you have suggestions on how to get your OnePlus 3 screen to turn on? If you do, share them with us in the comments!