How to Record Calls on the Samsung Galaxy A50
Your profession may sometimes require you to record a phone call so you can listen to the conversation again. It may not be your profession – maybe you’d like to save a phone call as a memory, as we do with photographs.
Most of today’s smartphone manufacturers have made it easy to record and save your calls as audio recordings. If you can’t find this option on your phone, there are other ways, so read on to find out what they are.
Recording a Call on Samsung Galaxy A50
Similar models may not have this feature, but Samsung Galaxy A50 makes it easy to save your conversations to listen to them later. How? Follow these steps:
- You can record both incoming and outgoing calls. Start a call by dialing a number or tapping to receive an incoming call.
- During the call, you will see a three-dot icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap this icon to open a menu.
- Select Record.
If this is the first time you’re recording a call, you will need to agree to the terms and conditions of call recording. Next time, this process will start automatically.
How to Record Selected Calls
If you don’t want to record all calls, but only selected ones, you can set up the call recording option this way.
- Tap the Phone app to open it and then tap on the three-dot icon in the top right corner.
- From this menu, select Settings.
- Find the Record Calls tab and tap to allow your phone to record calls automatically.
- When you choose this option, opt for one of the following: recording calls from all numbers from your contact list, from a selected list of contacts, or just from unknown numbers that are not in your contact list.
To access your saved recordings, go to your phone’s internal storage, and find the “Call” folder.
Using Google Voice
There’s also a way to record your calls by using Google Voice. The only catch is that you cannot record outgoing calls with this app, only the incoming ones.
Make sure you have a Google Voice account to start using it for call recording. To set up this feature, do the following:
- Launch the Google Voice website.
- There’s a gear icon in the top right corner.
- When you click on it, a drop-down menu will appear – select Settings.
- When you open Settings, choose Calls.
- Find the Registration box and check it.
- You are now able to record incoming calls.
To record your incoming calls, you need to press 4 on your keyboard. You need to do the same to stop the recording. This action automatically saves the recording in your inbox.
Note that the app will notify the other person that the conversation is being recorded – they hear the same message as you. Make sure they agree with you recording the call.
Other Ways to Record Calls
If the built-in option for some reason isn’t working on your Galaxy A50, you can try some of these alternatives.
- During a phone call, switch the call to the speakerphone. Then leave the call and open the Voice Recorder app. Tap the record button, and you’re good to go. The sound may not be as clear as you’d like it to be, but you will be able to understand what the person is saying.
- Go to Google Play Store and download an app that allows your phone to record calls. These third-party apps are very popular, but before you make the decision, check the reviews and the features the app offers.
Is Call Recording Legal?
The other person needs to know that you are recording the conversation in most US states. If you are using Google Voice, they will receive a notification automatically, but if you’re not, the only way is for you to let them know.
Make sure you don’t forget to do it and do not record the conversation if the other person doesn’t agree. Unauthorized call recording may get you in trouble because it is considered illegal in many states.
Do you use call recording options on your Samsung Galaxy A50? When was the last time you recorded a conversation? Let us know in the comments section below!