Repair A Samsung Galaxy Headphone Jack
A damaged or broken Samsung Galaxy Smartphone headphone jack can be fixed quickly on your own. The process is simple and can be done at home with some basic items. The following instructions will help you repair or fix a damaged Samsung Galaxy headphone jack.
A common way to fix your broken or damaged Samsung Galaxy headphone jack is by removing the dust, lint and debris that builds up in the headphone jack that prevents a good connection from happening. There are several ways to clean your Samsung Galaxy headphone jack and can be done with the following steps when you have a Samsung Galaxy S4 & Samsung Galaxy S5:
- Use a can of compressed air to blow into the headphone jack
- Insert a cotton swab into the jack to remove dirt, dust and lint
If cleaning the Samsung Galaxy headphone doesn’t fix it, then you will need to replace it with a new headphone jack.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone.
- Remove the back cover and battery.
- Use a hair dryer to loosen the adhesive on the screen (NOTE: Avoid direct contact with the screen).
- Use a pry tool to lift.
- Unscrew the screws and remove the screen from the mid-frame.
- Remove the headphone jack and cables from the mid-frame and replace it with the new Samsung Galaxy headphone jack.
- Follow the previous steps to reassemble the Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
You can also watch the YouTube video below on how to repair your Samsung Galaxy headphone jack: