Samsung Galaxy S5 Password Problem (Solved)
For those that own a Samsung Galaxy S5, you could be having a password problem on your Galaxy S5. Many solutions to fix the Galaxy S5 password problem requires completing a hard factory reset which can delete all your files and data on the smartphone. For those that don’t have their Samsung Galaxy S5 backed up, we’ve created several different ways to reset the password on the Galaxy S5 when locked out without having to lose data or files. The following is a guide that will teach you three different ways how to fix the password problem on the Samsung Galaxy S5 when you get locked out.
Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off the Galaxy S5.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- After the Galaxy S5 has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the Galaxy S5 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the Galaxy S5. It’s important to note that before you go to do a factory reset on the Galaxy S5, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost.
Reset Password with Samsung Find My Mobile
Another method would be to use Samsung’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android), similar to Find My iPhone. You can use the “Remote Controls” feature on your Samsung Galaxy S5 which will allow you to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the Galaxy S5. If you have not already registered the Galaxy S5 with Samsung, try registering it as soon as possible
- Register the Galaxy S5 with Samsung
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporary reset the password
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password
- Set a new password
Password Reset with Android Device Manager
The first way to reset the password on both the Galaxy S5 is for those that have already registered their Galaxy S5 with Android Device Manage. When using Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on Android Device Manger will allow you to get the Galaxy S5 password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the Galaxy S5. Follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Find your Galaxy S5 on the screen
- Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
- Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password
- Create a new password