Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ (Edge Plus): Turn Safe Mode ON Or OFF
The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ features Safe Mode that allows uses to access the operating system with default software in case there is any troubleshooting issues on the Galaxy S6 Edge +. In addition, you can use Safe Mode if any installed apps no longer work or if the Galaxy S6 Edge+ keeps restarting.
For those interested in getting the most out of your Samsung device, then make sure to check out Samsung’s wireless charging pad, external portable battery pack, and the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband for the ultimate experience with your Samsung device.
For those that don’t know what Safe Mode is, it’s a different mode that places the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus environment that allows users to securely uninstall applications, remove bugs. The best time to use Safe Mode on the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus is when you notice an app is messing up and you can not uninstall it normally. After you have fixed the issues, you can get the Galaxy S6 edge+ out of Safe Mode and use the smartphone like normal. Below are instructions on how to turn on Safe Mode and how to get Galaxy S6 edge + off Safe Mode.
How to turn on Safe Mode on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+:
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
- Turn “OFF” the Galaxy S6 edge +
- Press and hold the Power/Lock button at the same time until you see the “Galaxy S6 edge+″ logo
- When the logo shows up, immediately hold the Volume Down button, while releasing the Power button
- Keep holding the Volume Down until your phone finishes rebooting
- If it was loaded successful, a “Safe Mode” will show on the bottom left corner of the screen
- Let go of the Volume Down button
- To exit “Safe Mode” press the Power/Lock key and then touch Restart
It’s important to note that when the Galaxy S6 edge plus is in Safe Mode, this will disable all third-party services and apps until the Galaxy S6 edge plus is out of Safe Mode. This allows you to get into the device quickly, enable or disable whatever you need to, then restart.
How to get Galaxy S6 Edge+ out of safe mode:
- Restart the Galaxy S6 Edge+ and it will return back to the Normal Mode
- Enter recovery mode (Learn how to enter recovery mode on Galaxy S6 Edge+)
It has been reported that some Galaxy S6 edge+ models, may require you to press and hold the Volume Down button during startup in the same manner as enabling it to exit Safe Mode.
The instructions above should allow you to enter “Safe Mode” on your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. Also this guide should help when you want to boot Galaxy S6 edge+ into safe mode when you’re having troubleshooting issues with individual apps and want to fix issues that relate to apps.