Samsung Galaxy S8: How To Check For Android Updates (Firmware And Software)
Want to know how to check for Android updates on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus? If you do, read the information provided below. We’ll explain to you how you can search for the latest updates and have them installed onto your device.
Keeping your Galaxy S8 updated can help to improve the performance of the device, boost the battery life and keep away any potential bugs and glitches. Samsung often releases firmware updates for their Galaxy smartphones so it’s worth checking for updates regularly.
If you can’t find an update today, you can still follow this guide at a later point when an update may actually be available.
In most cases, your Galaxy S8 will be sent a pop-up when a new update comes in. However, using automatic updates may take longer for your update to be received. You can manually check for updates by following the steps listed below.
How to check for Android firmware updates:
- Make sure your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus is switched on.
- Go to the home screen, then open the app Menu
- Tap to open the Settings app
- After that, tap About Device
- Tap the button at the top of your screen that reads Software Updates
- Next, tap to search for new updates. If an update appears, you can choose to install it by tapping “Update Now.”
- It may take a few minutes for the update to be downloaded and installed.
Finding the latest version of firmware for the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
If you’re wondering when the next update will be available, you can visit SamMobile. With SamMobile, you’ll be able to see all of the latest firmware updates for the Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S8 Plus. If you notice a new firmware update on SamMobile, chances are that it’ll be rolled out to your smartphone shortly.
It’s important to note that the update will often be rolled out at different times – this will depend on your country, your network operator, and your version of the Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus. If you haven’t got the latest firmware update, it’s best to be patient.
To compare your firmware version to the latest released firmware, go to SamMobile, then use the steps below to find out what firmware update you currently have installed on your Galaxy S8. To find out which version of firmware your device currently has on it, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Setting Menu.
- Tap About Device.
- Tap Build Number.
- Alternatively, find out by opening the dialer app and dialing * # 1234 #.