Samsung Note 3: How To Reset Password When Locked Out
It’s very common to forget the password on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Many solutions to reset the password on the Samsung Note 3 require to complete a hard factory reset which can delete all your files and data on the smartphone. For those that don’t have their Samsung Galaxy backed up, we’ve created several different ways to reset the password on the Samsung Note 3 when locked out without having to lose data or files. The following is a guide that will teach you three different ways how to reset the lock screen password on the Samsung Note 3 when you get locked out.
Samsung Note 3 Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off the Note 3.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- After the Note 3 has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the Note 3 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
Samsung Note 3 Reset Password with Samsung Find My Mobile
Another option would be to use Samsung’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android), similar to Find My iPhone. You can use the “Remote Controls” feature on your Samsung Note 3 which will allow you to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the Note 3. If you have not already registered the Note 3 with Samsung, try registering it as soon as possible
- Register the Note 3 with Samsung
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporary reset the password
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password
- Set a new password
Samsung Note 3 Password Reset with Android Device Manager
Another solution to reset the password on the Samsung Note 3 is for those that have already registered their Note 3 with Android Device Manage. When using Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on Android Device Manger will allow you to get the Note 3 password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the Samsung Note 3.
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Find your Note 3 on the screen
- Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
- Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password on your Note 3
- Create a new password