How To Solve Samsung Galaxy S9 White Screen Problem In Messages App
There have been instances where Samsung Galaxy S9 users have reported that their messaging app often displays a blank white screen. This is due to a simple error that can be rectified by simply clearing the cache of the messaging app to fix any errors.
Below I will explain two main reasons why you need to fix the white screen bug that continually appears when you attempt to use your messaging app on the Galaxy S9.
- It can be frustrating to buy a new phone with malfunctioning apps
- It is inevitable that you have to perform a factory reset of your smartphone if the cache clearing option does not work
To be sure we are on the same page, we will play out a scenario to confirm that we are talking about the same problem. If the example is similar to what you are experiencing, then you can be rest assured that we have the best solutions for your smartphone to fix the error.
Take for instance, you are chatting via the messaging app, and you try to send an emoji to one of your contacts. Your Galaxy S9 displays a blank white screen which stops you from viewing chat details or type messages.
After restarting the messaging app, the problem persists. In cases like this, the best solution is pretty straightforward. It’s practically guaranteed to resolve any existing issues regarding your messaging app. You’ll prevent any potential problems that can lead to chat interruptions.
Clearing Apps Data and App Cache
- After turning on your device, access the app menu
- Click on Settings and browse through to ”Backup & Reset”
- Proceed by clicking the ’’Factory Data Reset’’ icon
- Then tap ’’Reset Device”
- Input your PIN to unlock the Lock Screen Activated option
- Click on the ’’Continue’’ button to progress
- To confirm reset, tap the Delete All option to finalize your app data reset
Factory reset can be complicated and delicate in its execution. The factory reset seems complicated because you need to access the Android Recovery Mode.
It is considered a delicate process because of the risk of losing all the data and settings. You must consider it a priority to create a reliable backup for data and settings to avoid losing them.
With this guide, you can learn how to perform a secure factory reset that will provide a tutorial for backing up your data, settings, contacts, photos, and videos.
Follow the steps listed in the guide chronologically so that you do not lose the data on your device. They are susceptible to deletion without a secure data backup.