How to Tell if You Are Blocked on POF
When strangers meet on online dating platforms, misunderstandings can often happen. This can lead to one user blocking another. But is there a way to tell if this has happened to you?
In this article, you’ll find out everything you need to know about the blocking function on Plenty of Fish. Plus, we’ll tell you more about reporting inappropriate content and keeping your account safe.
How to Tell If You’re Blocked on Plenty of Fish?
- How to Tell If You’re Blocked on Plenty of Fish?
- Why Users Get Blocked?
- How to Block Members on POF?
- How to Block Someone on POF Live?
- How to Report a POF Profile?
- How to Report a Problematic Streamer/Viewer?
- Reporting Profiles Outside of POF Platform
- Online Dating Safety Tips and Tricks
- Don’t Share Your Personal Information
- Don’t Leave the Platform Too Soon
- Protect and Verify Your POF Account
- Do What’s Best for You
Have you ever logged in to your POF account but couldn’t see some conversations? If this sounds familiar, we can tell you what’s happened – your account has been blocked.
If you can’t open the user’s profile nor access your correspondence, the user decided to block you, disabling any communication between your accounts.
Why Users Get Blocked?
Common reasons for blocking a member on POF are offensive language, spam messages, inappropriate images, or any content that violates POF Community Guidelines. The Plenty of Fish community gives utmost importance to four rules of conduct:
The POF team also has the right to terminate any account that has violated one or more of the Community Guidelines. Every member is encouraged to report violent behavior, for instance, to make POF a safer place for everyone.
How to Block Members on POF?
In case you feel uncomfortable or disturbed by someone on POF, there is an option to block that person from messaging you again. Just follow these simple steps:
- Open the last message you got from the user you want to block.
- Click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- From a drop-down menu, chose and “Block This Person” (on iOS) or “Block User” (on Android).
This way, even if the other person starts sending you messages, they’ll never reach your inbox.
How to Unblock Members
Knowing how often people change their minds, POF created a way to undo the block.
- Go to “Edit Profile.”
- Find “Mail Settings” and view the list of blocked profiles.
- Select the person’s name to unblock them.
- Now you can resume your conversations and send each other messages.
How to Block Someone on POF Live?
If you notice that a member’s live stream content promotes violence or disturbing content, you can block said streams. Here’s how to do it:
- Find the member’s profile on your stream and tap on it.
- Find three dots in the top right corner and select “Block.”
The POF support team will remove them from your stream and add them to your Block List immediately.
How to Report a POF Profile?
Reporting a member of POF can be a result of pushy messaging, abusive language, or inappropriate photos. As soon as you report someone (or vice versa), the POF Support team will review the profile and, if necessary, delete the account.
This is how to report the violation of POF Community Guidelines:
- Open the profile of the member you wish to report.
- In the profile, options find “Report Profile” (on iOS) or “Report User” (on Android).
- Add some details about the problem and the reason for reporting.
- Select “Submit.”
How to Report a Problematic Streamer/Viewer?
When streamers or viewers violate POF’s Content and Conduct Policy, there’s a way to flag their content and report them.
- To report a streamer, tap the triangle with a question mark, and confirm reporting.
- To report a viewer, tap the member’s profile, and in the top-right menu, select “Report.”
Reporting Profiles Outside of POF Platform
In case you’re not a Plenty of Fish member and you came across a false or inappropriate profile, you can send an email to [email protected]. Once you submit a detailed report and provide a username of the profile in question, customer support will manage the inquiry promptly.
Online Dating Safety Tips and Tricks
Meeting new people can be exhilarating, but you have to bear in mind that your safety always comes first. As it’s impossible to control the actions of other members, you should know how to protect yourself from potential scammers.
Being on friendly terms with other members of the POF community doesn’t mean that you should share your personal information (workplace address, places you go, or a phone number) with people you’ve never met. Once you know someone well enough, then you can start sharing.
Don’t Leave the Platform Too Soon
Keeping all your conversations on POF is advisable for as long as it’s possible. The reason behind this kind of recommendation is the fact that scammers often want to move their discussions from POF to WhatsApp, Facetime, or your email. That way, they can get their hands on more of your data.
Protect and Verify Your POF Account
Be sure to choose a strong password and enable two-factor authentication on your POF account. This type of authentication sends an SMS every time your account has been accessed from a new device. If you still haven’t verified your POF account, here’s how you can do it:
- Enter your phone number.
- Tap “Next” to request a code.
- You’ll receive a six-digit code via SMS.
- Enter the code in the app.
Do What’s Best for You
Technology has a profound impact on online dating. That’s why new rules apply to how we communicate and what we share with people on platforms like Plenty of Fish. Now that you know how to block/report an account and distance yourself from problematic content, it’s going to be easier to navigate your online dating life.
What kind of behavior on dating platforms do you find problematic? Have you reported someone’s profile recently? Or has someone reported you? Let us know in the comments section below!