How to Update Payment Info on Wish App
Wish has quickly become one of the most popular e-commerce platforms in the world. It’s hard to resist the low prices and frequent discounts. Plus, Wish ships worldwide, usually from China, and accepts several different currencies and payment methods.
If it’s time to update your payment method on the Wish App, you might be wondering where to start. Not to worry. In this article, we’re going to show you how to update your payment info in just a few easy steps.
Wish App and Payment Options
What method of payment do you use when you’re shopping online? Some people stick to virtual wallet options, and others don’t mind connecting their credit or debit cards.
It’s a matter of preference, but often you don’t get many options in the first place. With Wish App, however, most of the major payment options are covered.
There will be some differences depending on where you live and which device you’re using. But overall, all of the following payment methods are available:
- Android Pay (Google Wallet)
- Apple Pay
- Visa and MasterCard Debit cards
- All major credit card companies (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, etc.)
What Wish App won’t accept are bank transfers, cash, or any kind of payments upon delivery. You have to select one of the payment methods listed above when you’re creating a Wish App account. But you can go back and update it any time you want.
Updating the Payment Info
You can use the Wish app on your Android device, iOS device, or you can access via Web. You can update your Payment Info using any of the three options. But the steps will be a little different depending on whether you’re using a mobile app or the Web portal.
Android & iOS
- Launch the app on your Android Device and then go to “Settings”.
- Select “Manage Payments”.
- Then select “Delete” on the payment option you want to delete, and then select “Delete Payment”.
- Now you can add a new payment option. Select “Add New Payment”.
- Enter the new payment info.
- Add the billing address as well if you need to. And then select “Use this Address”.
- Finally, select the “Add New Payment Method”.
- Visit your Cart on the Wish App web portal.
- Before you order something, select “Billing” and then “Edit”.
- Type in your new payment information.
- Enter the billing address as well.
- If you’re using the same address for shipping as you do for billing, select “Same as shipping address”.
- Select “Next” and continue with your purchase.
Updating Wish Currency
You can use the web portal to change the currency you’re using on Wish as well. But here’s the thing, even though Wish can display almost every currency in the world, they’ll only process payments in US dollars. If you’re using US dollars and want to switch to another currency or vice versa, this is how you do it:
- Open the Wish Web portal and log into your account.
- Click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen. And then select “Settings”.
- Then select “Account Settings”.
- On the bottom of the page, select “Currency” option.
- From the drop-down menu, find the currency you want and click.
If Your Payment Is Rejected
If Wish isn’t processing your payments or is declining them, there could be several reasons why. In most cases, it’s a matter of insufficient funds. Or your credit card was stolen, or it’s frozen, or you forgot to update your payment info on Wish.
Also, the debit or credit card you’re using may have expired. Whatever the reason, you should check with your bank first, and then follow the instructions on how to update the payment info.
If You’ve Been Overcharged
Your payment details are safe with the Wish app. The company doesn’t sell, rent, or even share your data. And they don’t abuse your payment info in any way.
But it’s understandable if users may still be a bit unsure about all of that. After all, you can’t be too safe when it comes to personal and payment info online. If you notice an overcharge on your order, it’s more likely that you haven’t reviewed the order before going through with it.
On Wish, the price for specific items will vary depending on the size and color. This can cause some confusion and lead you to think that Wish is overcharging you.
Shop Safely with Wish App
It’s easy to get carried away when shopping with Wish App. It has so many fun items at low prices. Sure, shipping might take several weeks sometimes, because there’s no intermediary, but what’s the rush anyway?
All you need for a successful shopping spree on Wish is a valid payment method. And if the info you currently have is expiring or is no longer valid for whatever reason, you can easily change it.
What do you usually buy on Wish App? And what form of payment do you usually use? Let us know in the comments section below.