How To Connect Samsung Galaxy S9 To PC
If you own the Samsung Galaxy S9, you may wish to connect the device to a computer for one reason or the other. This process is not complicated if you have the recommended software. It is ideal to visit Samsung website to download this software for Mac or Windows before you can transfer photos, music, and videos to a computer from the Galaxy S9.
- For the Windows PCs, you will need the appropriate USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S9
- For the Macbook computers, you will need to download and run the Android File Transfer
Connecting your Galaxy S9 to a Computer
You can transfer files, such as audio or pictures between your MAC or PC and your Galaxy S9 using the steps below.
- Connect the device to a USB port using a USB cable
- A message should display on the screen something like “Connected for charging” or “Connected as a media device.”
- Swipe your finger downward on the dedicated notification area
- Select the option that will fit your purposes
- Transferring media files – you can connect the smartphone to the PC and transfer media files or, you can go to Computer and tap on your device name right under the Portable Devices option if you’re a Windows user.
- Transferring images – if you wish to move photos and any other kind of image files through a PTP connection.
- Connecting MIDI (musical instrument digital interface) devices – just in case you need to use the smartphone as a MIDI player.
- Charge this phone – if you want to charge the battery with a USB cable when you lack the power adapter that you would usually plugin.
Once you have authenticated the connection, you can expect your device to work with the following formats:
This method is the most straightforward approach, but if you couldn’t connect the two devices, you should try with a different USB cable.