How to Delete Fingerprint on Your Galaxy S10
Samsung Galaxy S10 made its debut in the first quarter of 2019, which was nearly a year ago. Some Samsung users are still struggling with some of its features. One of the most commonly asked questions about the S10 is how to delete your fingerprint.
The fingerprint screen unlocks technology is not exactly new, but Samsung has drastically improved it. You can unlock one Samsung S10 with up to four different fingerprints, thanks to its ultrasonic fingerprint reader.
Some argue that four is too much, while others say it’s too little. Either way, read on for a detailed guide on the matter.
More About the S10 Fingerprint
This feature doesn’t just sound cool; it is also convenient as it allows you to unlock your phone quickly. The regular and the plus versions of the S10 have this advanced fingerprint scanner, while the lite version uses older Samsung fingerprint sensors.
It is very convenient and easy to use. Not only does it speed up unlocking your screen, but Samsung also located it inwards to save space. Samsung is not the first to use this technology, but it seems that it has beaten the competition in terms of practicality.
The only downside about this is the screen protection. You can use just about any plastic screen protection, but glass is a little trickier. You need to use the official protective glass authorized by Samsung. Glass screen protection from other manufacturers won’t work. It will block the fingerprint sensor and render it useless.
How to Delete Fingerprints on the S10
Finally, let’s talk about removing fingerprints from the S10. That’s plain sailing if you follow the steps below:
- Power up your S10 and open the apps menu from the Home screen (swipe down).
- Select the Settings app.
- Then, choose the Biometrics and Security option.
- Find the Fingerprints tab and select it.
- Enter your password, PIN, or draw your pattern to get access.
- After providing the correct password, you can access Fingerprints. Select the fingerprint you want to delete. You can choose more than one at a time.
- Finally, select Remove in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Read the warning and tap Remove again to confirm that you want to delete the fingerprint.
That wasn’t so difficult, was it? You can change the authorized fingerprints on your S10 whenever you please, by adding or removing them.
How to Delete Fingerprints on Older Samsung Phones
As mentioned before, Samsung is not the first manufacturer to include fingerprint scanning. Also, the S10 is not the first Samsung mobile phone that received this exciting, futuristic feature.
Other Samsung phones have it too, and they all unlock the same way. If you were curious about that, you are in luck. Here is how you can remove registered fingerprints on older Samsung mobile phones:
- Swipe down from the Home screen and select Settings.
- Then, choose the Lock Screen and Security option.
- Next, select the Fingerprint Scanner or Fingerprint.
- Now, select Edit.
- Choose the fingerprints you want to remove and select Remove in the top right corner of the screen. You can also rename the fingerprints.
You can use the same menu to add more fingerprints if you’d like. Keep in mind that you need compatible screen protection for the fingerprint scanner to be effective. Talk to your local Samsung dealer or your mobile carrier, and get the right fitting film or tempered glass protection for your Samsung phone screen.
Destroy All the Fingerprints
This title might sound like something straight out of a crime novel or TV show. However, you won’t need to destroy any fingerprints. That said, you should only let people you trust to access your phone. The S10 has neat features, and the advanced fingerprint scanner is one of the best ones.
It offers guaranteed safety, but also ease of access. You can unlock your phone in a matter of seconds, and start using it right away. Do you also find this feature very cool? Let us know in the comments section below.