How to Delete a Starz Account on iPhone
You’ve decided to move on from Starz to another streaming service. As a result, you want to delete your account and free up your iPhone storage for another app. While deleting Starz sounds like an easy task, can you really pull it off?
In this article, you’ll find out everything you need to know about deleting your Starz account on iPhone.
How Do You Delete an iPhone Starz Account?
- How Do You Delete an iPhone Starz Account?
- How Do You Cancel Your Starz Subscription on iPhone?
- How to Cancel Your Starz Subscription on Other Devices and Platforms
- Are You Able to Resume Your Starz Subscription?
- What Other Streaming Services Should You Consider?
- Do You Go Back to Starz?
Deleting Starz from your iPhone isn’t as straightforward as removing other apps. The only way you can permanently delete your account is by contacting the Starz support team. More specifically, you need to write them an email requesting that they remove the account from the database. Here’s how to do it:
- Access the email account you used to subscribe to the website or app.
- Type their email address – [email protected].
- Write “Account deletion request” as your subject.
- Compose your email that will ask for your account to be deleted, along with any associated information.
- Don’t forget to include your name, email account, and phone number at the end of the email.
With any luck, Starz will permanently delete your account and you’ll cut all ties with them.
However, this isn’t the most reliable option. The Starz support team may deny your request, which would put you back at square one. What you can do instead is cancel your Starz subscription.
How Do You Cancel Your Starz Subscription on iPhone?
If deleting your Starz account doesn’t work, canceling your subscription is the next best thing. Here’s how to do it on your iPhone:
- Go to the Settings on your iPhone located on the home screen.
- Touch your name at the top of the display.
- Go to “iTunes & App Store” in the second group of settings.
- Enter your ID to access a pop-up menu.
- Tap “View Apple ID”.
- Select “Subscriptions” to reach the list of services you’ve subscribed to.
- Scroll until you find “Starz”.
- Choose “Starz” and touch “Cancel Subscription” at the bottom of the display.
- Press “Confirm” to confirm your cancelation.
That’s all there is to it. Once you cancel your subscription, bear in mind that it will remain active until your current billing period expires.
How to Cancel Your Starz Subscription on Other Devices and Platforms
If you’re using Starz on multiple platforms such as Windows, Amazon Prime, or an Android device, you’ll still be able to cancel your subscription. This is what each cancelation process looks like:
Canceling Starz Subscriptions on Windows or Using a Browser
You’ll need just a couple of clicks to cancel Starz on Windows or through your browser. Here’s how:
- Open your browser.
- Access the starz.com website.
- Enter your login information.
- Go to the “Account” menu and click “Subscriptions”.
- Choose “Cancel Subscription”.
- State why you’re ending your subscription.
- Click “Continue Cancelation” and you’re all done.
Canceling Your Subscription on an Android Device
In order to cancel your Android subscription, the account you used to register with Starz must be a Google account that exists on your device. Otherwise, you’ll need to opt for the Windows/browser method we just described. But if everything’s in order, do this to cancel your Subscription to Starz:
- Open “Google Play”.
- Select “Menu”.
- Choose “Subscriptions”.
- Go to your Starz subscription.
- Press “Cancel”.
- Press “Yes” and you’ll confirm your cancelation.
Starz Subscription Cancelation on Amazon Prime
If you’ve ever unsubscribed to a channel on Amazon Prime, you’ll see that unsubscribing from Starz is quite similar. Here’s how the process goes:
- Sign in to your account.
- Select “Accounts & Lists”.
- Choose “Memberships & Subscriptions”.
- Press “Prime Video Channels”.
- In your “Actions” column, go to the “Cancel Channel(s)” link under Starz.
- Confirm your cancelation.
Are You Able to Resume Your Starz Subscription?
After you cancel your Starz subscription, you can restart it later. This is because Starz holds on to your profile information, which greatly facilitates the resumption process.
That being said, using your restarted account will be slightly different. In particular, you’ll no longer be entitled to a free trial since you’ve already had one with the same payment method and email address.
What Other Streaming Services Should You Consider?
If you’re looking for an alternative broadcaster to Starz, there are plenty of options available. Here are just two TV services you can check out:
- YouTube TV – The perks of subscribing to YouTube TV include access to over 50 networks, along with local sports and news channels. Additionally, there’s limitless DVR storage and you can save programs for as long as nine months.
- Hulu – Give Hulu’s free trial a go and you’ll be able to watch tons of entertaining and educational content. Some of the most popular channels on the network are ABC, AMC, and Animal Planet.
Do You Go Back to Starz?
Now you know how to take a break from Starz and test other streaming providers. If you decide to go back, you can easily do it, even after you’ve canceled your subscription.
Are you happy with Starz? Have you tried similar streaming services? How did it go? Let us know in the comments section below.