How To Fix OnePlus 5T Switching OFF Randomly
Some OnePlus 5T users have reported that their phone turns off or restarts intermittently and for no apparent reason. Obviously this behavior can be very disruptive. If you own the OnePlus 5T phone, you may want to know how to fix this OnePlus 5T problem. Below we’ll explain a few ways to fix the problem.
Factory Reset OnePlus 5T
Factory resetting the smartphone is one solution you should attempt to fix random resets on the OnePlus 5T. It’s important you backup your information and files to protect your personal data and settings before you factory reset the OnePlus 5T. Below is a guide on how to factory reset the OnePlus 5T.
- Power down your device
- Press and hold the Power, Home and Volume Up Buttons simultaneously
- Continue holding until the device powers up
- Use the Volume Up and Down Buttons to navigate through the menus. Select Wipe Data / Factory Reset and confirm by pressing the power button.
- Confirm by selecting Yes and the phone will perform a factory reset.
Clear cache of OnePlus 5T
Once you’ve performed a factory reset on the OnePlus 5T, it’s recommended that you clear your cache partition. Follow these steps to do so:
- Turn off your OnePlus 5T
- Press and hold the Power, Home, and Volume up Keys
- Release the Keys after the OnePlus logo display with a blue recovery text at the top
- Use the Volume down key to browse, and highlights clear cache partition in the recovery menu and tap the Power key to select it
- Press Volume keys to highlight reboot system now and the Power button to select it.
It’s a good idea to check if your OnePlus 5T is still covered by your warranty if none of the above methods work, as this could indicate a serious underlying hardware issue. This problem may call for a replacement to fix the problem if the OnePlus 5T is still under warranty.