Forgot My Pattern Lock Google Pixel 2 (Solution)
If you own a Google Pixel 2, you might forget the pattern lock and then need to reset the pattern lock. Resetting the password on Pixel 2 often requires completing a factory reset, deleting all of your personal data in the process.
If you don’t have Google Pixel 2 backed up, there are a few options. First we’ll walk you through the hard reset in case your information is backed up. Then we’ll provide a couple of other things to try. Bear in mind there’s no guarantee these will work, as they require some previous setup.
Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Power down on your device
- Boot to Recovery Mode by executing a press-while-holding on these three keys simultaneously: Power, Home and Volume Down
- Use volume keys to select “Wipe data / factory reset”
- Make your selection by pressing Power
- Confirm the selection and reboot
We have more information about how to factory reset the Pixel 2 here. Bear in mind that this process is destructive, meaning it will erase everything on the device. Backup and use caution.
Using Google Find My Mobile
Find My Mobile, sometimes called Find My Android, is an app created by Google to track lost or stolen devices. It’s similar to Apple’s Find My iPhone. The app includes some options for locking and wiping your devices remotely in case you need to hide data from a would-be thief. Using “Remote Control” with this app you can get a temporary password reset to bypass the lockscreen. This may only work if you’ve registered your device with Google.
Using Android Device Manager
Android Device Manager is a standalone app that can help you in lots of ways when using your Pixel. You can also use it to Lock your device, providing a temporary password you can enter to gain access and set a new permanent password.
- From a computer, go to Android Device Manager
- Select your device
- Go to “Lock and Erase”
- Follow the steps provided there
- Select a new password for temporary use
- Access your phone using this password
- Reset your permanent phone password