Forgot Pin Password On Google Pixel And Pixel XL (Solution)
It’s very common to forget the password for anything any everything that can have a password. The password on your Google Pixel or Pixel XL is no exception to this. Many solutions to reset the password on the Google Pixel and Pixel XL require you to complete a hard factory reset, which can delete all your files and data on the smartphone. This isn’t exactly the most ideal solution for this situation, though.
For those that don’t have their Google Pixel or Pixel XL backed up, we’ve come up with a couple different ways to reset the password on the Google Pixel and Pixel XL when locked out, and hopefully without you having to lose data or files. The following is a guide that will teach you three different ways how to reset the lock screen password on the Google Pixel and Pixel XL when you get locked out.
Google Pixel and Pixel XL Reset Password with Google Find My Mobile
One option you can try would be to use Google’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android), similar to Find My iPhone. You can use the “Remote Controls” feature on your Google Pixel or Pixel XL, which will allow you to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the Pixel or Pixel XL. If you have not already registered the Pixel or Pixel XL with Google, try registering it as soon as possible
- Register the Pixel and Pixel XL with Google.
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporarily reset the password.
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password.
- Set a new password, and maybe write it down somewhere.
Google Pixel and Pixel XL Password Reset with Android Device Manager
Another solution to reset the password on the Google Pixel and Pixel XL is for those that have already registered their Pixel and Pixel XL with Android Device Manage. When using Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on Android Device Manger will allow you to get the Pixel and Pixel XL password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the Google Pixel and Pixel XL.
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Find your Pixel and Pixel XL on the screen
- Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
- Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password on your Pixel and Pixel XL
- Create a new password
Google Pixel and Pixel XL Reset Password with Factory Reset
If you can’t use either of the options above, then you’re going to have to factory reset your Pixel or Pixel XL. It’s good to get into the habit of backing it up periodically in case you need to do this. Here’s how to factory reset your Google Pixel or Pixel XL.
- Turn off the Pixel and Pixel XL.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time, until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down button, highlight the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down button, highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- The Pixel or Pixel XL will reboot once you do this.
- When the Pixel and Pixel XL restarts, everything will be wiped and it will be ready to set up again.
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the Google Pixel and Pixel XL. It’s important to note that before you go to do a factory reset on the Google Pixel and Pixel XL, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost.