Forgot Pin Password On Huawei P9 (Solution)
Many smartphone users use a PIN or password to add a layer of security to their phone, and Huawei P9 smartphone owners are no exception. Unfortunately, it’s very easy to forget your phone password. There are many solutions on the Internet to this problem that require the owner of the phone to complete a hard factory reset to regain access to their phone. Unfortunately a hard factory reset deletes all your files and data on the smartphone. That’s fine if you have a backup, but if you aren’t backed up, then a hard factory reset can undo all the work you put into customizing and optimizing your phone.
In this short tutorial, I will explain how to reset the password on your Huawei P9 when you are locked out, both by doing a hard reset and losing data and files, and without having to go to that extreme.
Huawei P9 Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off the P9.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down button, select the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- After the P9 has rebooted, then use the Powerbutton to select it.
- When the P9 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the Huawei P9. It’s important to note that before you do a factory reset on the Huawei P9, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost.
Use Huawei Find My Mobile to Reset Password
If you plan ahead, you can use the Find My Mobile service to reset your password. You need to register your P9 smartphone with Huawei to take advantage of this service, so you need to do it ahead of time.
- Register your P9 with Huawei at their website.
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporary reset the password.
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password.
- Set a new password.
Do you have other suggestions to unlock your Huawei P9 smartphone if you’ve lost or forgotten your PIN or password? Share them with us in the comments below!