Galaxy J7 Can’t Hear Calls (Solution)
It has been reported by some that the Samsung Galaxy J7 doesn’t always let its users hear calls correctly. Of course, sound and audio problems like these on the Galaxy J7 when making or receiving calls can become a headache, and it also means the phone is failing at its most basic purpose of being a telephone.
Below, we’ll suggest some possible explanations for the problem and solutions to fix the issue if you can’t hear calls on the Galaxy J7. If the calling problems still are happening after the suggestions, then it’s recommended to contact your retailer to get the Galaxy J7 repaired or replaced.
Check Galaxy J7 signal bars
The first thing you should do when you are having a problem where the Galaxy J7 can’t make calls is to check the signal bars on your smartphone. Since the way that you can receive or make a call is related to the cell phone service that is provided from a wireless tower to send a signal, a weak or nonexistent signal will obviously effect audio quality.
If you notice that your Galaxy J7 has no signal, then it’s a good idea to reset your smartphone, as that can fix a small glitch on your phone. The following is a guide on how to reboot your Galaxy J7. Or you could simply be in a dead zone, and if this is the case then the problem will work itself out when you leave the area.
Verify if there’s an outage in your area
Another reason that you could be having issues with calls on the Galaxy J7 is because of a service outage in your area. This is the most common reason behind your problem. From time to time, cellular service will go our for maintenance reasons and you need to wait until the network is back up and running. Most cellular service providers have outage maps available on their websites.
Potential solutions fix when your Galaxy J7 can’t hear calls
- Turn off the Galaxy J7, remove the SIM card, and then reinsert the SIM card and turn the smartphone back on.
- Dirt, debris, and dust could be stuck in the microphone, so try cleaning the microphone with compressed air and check to see if the Galaxy J7 audio problem improves afterward.
- Audio problems can be caused by Bluetooth. Turn off any Bluetooth device you have synced to the phone and see if this solves the audio problem on the Galaxy J7.
- Wiping the cache of your smartphone can also solve the audio problem, as the issue could be because of temporary data from an app. Read this guide on how to wipe the Galaxy J7 cache.
- Another suggestion is to enter the Galaxy J7 into Recovery Mode.