Galaxy S7 Fingerprint Sensor Not Working
The Samsung Galaxy S7 fingerprint sensor not working has been said to be a common issue. Some of the problems noticed on the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge includes part of the fingerprint sensor not working, and having problems to enable/disable the fingerprint sensor. Below we’ll get into some of the solutions that you can use to fix your Galaxy S7 fingerprint sensor not working that is causing you a headache.
- How to fix Galaxy S7 side button not working
- How to fix Galaxy S7 back button not working
- How to fix Galaxy S7 touch key not working
- How to turn ON and OFF Galaxy S7 with broken power button
How To Use Fingerprint Sensor
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
One reason you should use the Fingerprint sensor on the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge is that you want have to type in different passwords when surfing the web with a sign-in page or downloading different apps to verify a Samsung account. The following is a guide on how to set up the improved Galaxy S7 Fingerprint Sensor.
Set up the Fingerprint Sensor
The Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge makes it easy to protect your smartphone with the new and improved built-in fingerprint sensor on both of the new smartphones by Samsung. You don’t have to mess with any passwords or patterns to unlock your device. It’s simple to use and simple to set up for the first time.
- Turn on the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge
- Go to the Lock screen and securityin the Settings
- Select on Fingerprintand then +Add fingerprint
- Follow the instructions until 100% of your fingerprint has been scanned
- Setup a backup password
- Select Ok to Enable Fingerprint Lock
- Now to unlock your phone simply hold your finger on the home button
Recommended: How to use Fingerprint Scanner on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
You can also watch the Youtube video below on how to use the fingerprint sensor on Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge:
How to disable Fingerprint Sensor
Some Galaxy S7 owners may want to know how to turn off and disable the fingerprint sensor. It’s important to note that the fingerprint scanner reader on the Galaxy S7 is that this feature will allow users to use the fingerprint sensor as your password without entering a password like the Touch ID that can be found on the Apple iPhone. Some don’t like the Galaxy S7 Touch ID feature and we’ll explain how you can turn this feature off below.
- Turn on your Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge.
- From the Home screen, go to the Menu.
- Select on Settings.
- Select on Lock screen and security.
- Select on Screen Lock Type.
After you have followed the steps from above, you’ll have to use your fingerprint to turn off this feature. You can change the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge feature to a different method to unlock the lock screen with the following options:
After you have changed the way that you unlock your Samsung Galaxy S7, you’ll be able to disable and turn off the fingerprint sensor on the Galaxy S7.
- How to hide photos on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to fix bluetooth problems on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to fix WiFi problems on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to fix slow Internet speed on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to set custom ringtones on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to fix black screen problem on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- How to connect Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge to a TV
- How to fix Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge that keeps restarting itself
- How to fix Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge wireless charging not working
- How to fix Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge that gets hot