Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus: Disable Camera Shutter Sound
Sometimes photography requires a bit of a stealth approach which is why taking pictures with the shutter enabled can be a bit of a pain, to say the least. You can actually disable the shutter sound on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus, easily through more than one method. We will explain in this article, how you can disable the shutter sound quickly on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.
The easiest way to disable the shutter sound is to turn the volume all the way down from your home screen. This should turn off all notification sounds, including the camera shutter. If for some reason this doesn’t work, try some of the steps below.
To Disable Camera Shutter Sound from the General Settings
- Start by opening the Camera app from the home screen
- You will now need to go to the settings option
- Next, navigate through the setting menu and find shutter sound
- Finally, select whether or not you want it on or off by Toggling it
To Disable the Camera Shutter Sound from the General System Sounds
- To disable the shutter sound from the main system sounds just go to the notification shade
- You will then need to tap the volume icon
- The next step is to tap on Volume which is directly under the notification settings
- Finally, just go to the system volume slider and move it to the far left which will mute all the system sounds
Note that you can accomplish the same thing by repeatedly pressing, or by pressing and holding, the volume down button from the home screen. It will also work in most places other than the home screen, provided there is no audio playing through the speakers and you’re not in a specialized settings page.
By doing all the above methods you will be able to successfully mute your shutter sound from your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus. If you want to make it completely silent, you will need to reduce the sound to silent in the notification sounds and turn on the mute mode. When you are done remember to take your phone off silent mode or you may not hear anything.
Our final information is that you will need to know your law. Some countries mandate that a shutter sound be included on any phone with a camera. The law is ambiguous about being able to turn the sound off. Additionally, it would be difficult to enforce. Other countries might have laws that differ from this, so be careful!