Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus: How To Disable Pedometer
The Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus are both great phones that come with a lot of useful features. One these features is the Pedometer. This allows your phone to work with the S-Health app by calculating your steps and tracking your daily step target.
So how does it work? Well, your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus uses motion sensors to power the built-in pedometer on your smartphone. The sensor senses when it’s moving and calculates the number of steps you take. It’s useful for tracking how much physical activity you do in the course of your day, which is a big part of staying healthy. Perhaps the best part about it is the energy required to run the feature is not even noticeable.
That’s all fine, but you might not want to use it. Maybe you find the notifications annoying. Maybe you don’t want your phone gathering that kind of information about you–the privacy trade-off isn’t worth it for everyone. For any data tracking app like this one, the most important feature is the one that lets you turn it off if you want.
That’s why we have written an in-depth guide on how you can disable the S-Health app that works with your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus pedometer.
Disabling the Pedometer on the Lock Screen
- Start by turning on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus by holding down the power button.
- Now tap the Menu option on your device.
- You will then need to find the Settings menu.
- Next, navigate to the Lock Screen setting.
- Then tap the Additional Information option.
- Finally, untick the check box for the Pedometer in the menu.
You will now have the pedometer disabled from the lock screen of your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.
Disabling the Pedometer on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus Completely
If you want to disable the pedometer completely from your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus then just use the steps below:
- Start by turning on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.
- Then tap the S Health Fitness application.
- You now need to tap the 3 bar icon on the top of your screen.
- Now just tap the Pedometer option.
- Lastly, go to Distance Traveled and tap the Pause key.
That’s all it takes to make the pedometer stop tracking your motion. Your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus pedometer will no longer count the steps.