Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus Slow WiFi Issue (Solution)
The Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus are some of the best phones on the market right now. They are great at doing almost anything unless you have an issue with the device. A lot of users have reported WiFi signal problems that are occurring when using Whatsapp, Facebook, instagram, snapchat and twitter! The icons will appear grey and are inaccessible.
We have also been notified about location-based services like Google Now causing the screen to get stuck and give a message reading “Can’t reach Google at the moment”.
These issues are all done to the same problem that is a weak WiFi signal, preventing your phone from the connecting to the internet.
How to Fix Galaxy S9 slow WiFi problems
If you can see that your WiFi signal is strong but the speed is still slow try one of the following methods:
- Tap the forget WiFi Network option and reconnect your device again
- Hard Factory Reset on the Device
- Reset your Home WiFI router or whatever internet device you are connecting to.
- If you use a DHCP then try to turn it into static connection through your phone
- You can try to change Google’s DNS through the phone.
- Edit your router’s broadcast channel
- Disable your security or change the router settings
If None of These Work, try Calling your ISP or Upgrading to a Higher Speed or Bandwidth
When you have done the above on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus, then try performing a Wipe cache Partition if you are still having problems.
This will need to be done in Android recovery mode. By performing this your pictures, songs, documents and, videos will not be deleted on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 plus.
How to Fix Slow Wifi on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus:
- Start with turning off your device
- Now hold the power button volume up and home button all at the same time
- Next, you will have to wait for the phone to vibrate which will indicate recovery mode starting
- Then, go through the entries until you find an option saying wipe cache partition
- Finally, wait for it to finish and turn your device on and off again when done your problem will be fixed