How To Change Screensaver On Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus
Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus are such complex smartphones that there’s no such thing as a strange question about any of these devices. Users bump into different problems or discover new features and settings all the time. That’s how you might see one day that another Galaxy S8 user has custom wallpaper and you want to be able to change yours too.
In this tutorial, we’re not just going to show you how to change the background wallpaper, but also how to set up a different lock screen paper. Whether you’re new to Android or not, these basic features require some setting tweaks. Here they are.
First of all, you can have different wallpapers for the Lock Screen and for the Home screen.
To change the wallpaper of the Home screen on Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus…
- Go to the Home screen and find an empty spot;
- Tap and hold right there until you access the editing screen;
- At the bottom of that screen, you will see an icon labeled as Wallpapers;
- Select the Wallpapers icon and you will get to a list of pre-defined background wallpapers;
- You can select something from there;
- If you don’t really like what you see, use the View Gallery option to browse for another photo or image you have downloaded on your device and select that one instead;
- Once you have decided for a photo, tap on the option labeled as Set Wallpaper.
As a side note, you can always download from the web all kinds of wallpapers. There are even third-party apps, such as Zedge, that can help you with that.
To change the wallpaper of the Lock screen on Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus…
- You will need to access, once again, the wallpaper section from the Home screen of the device;
- Once in there, the top left corner should display a menu labeled as Home Screen;
- Tap on it and you will see a context menu with three options:
- Home screen;
- Lock screen;
- Home and lock screens.
- Select Lock screen;
- Follow the steps from above to identify your favorite wallpaper for the Lock screen;
- Again, you can pick something from the pre-installed wallpapers or surf the smartphone for other images or photos;
- Select Set Wallpaper when you’re ready;
- Use the back key to exit the menus.
Now that you know your options and you know that, from the same location, you can select the wallpapers for both the Home screen and the Lock screen, perhaps you’d like to prep your favorite images in advance. The Google Play Store comes, like mentioned, with lots of custom wallpapers to download, live wallpapers that move as you move the display included. Don’t forget to try Zedge, it’s not just famous for its wallpapers, but also for the customization features!