How To Hide Apps On Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus
If you’re using a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus, you must have noticed by now that you can keep app and widget shortcuts or icons in two different places: the Home screen and the Apps screen (also known as the App Drawer). This flexibility, very much appreciated and often considered a great advantage compared to what the iOS has to offer, is also a bit confusing for some Android users.
Don’t you enjoy having to tap one more time just to launch the App Drawer (represented by the 9-dots icon) and access the apps from the Apps screen instead of those from the Home screen? Then you have an alternative. In today’s article, we’re going to show you how to avoid dealing with two different locations for storing apps. If you want to hide the apps from this second screen or the App Drawer as it is often called, here’s what you should do:
How to hide apps from the Apps tray in Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
When you hide an app, it will no longer appear in the Apps menu. At the same time, it won’t receive software updates either. The only problem is that not all the apps installed on your device can be hidden. A couple of pre-installed apps will be permanently visible. For all the others, you will have to:
- Launch the Apps tray from the Home screen;
- Select Edit;
- You’ll see a list of apps – those with the minus sign at the top-right corner can be hidden, those without this sign cannot be hidden;
- Identify an app that you want to hide and tap on its minus sign;
- Select the option Turn Off to hide it.
How to show apps previously hidden in the Apps tray of Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
If you decide to make visible any apps that you have previously hidden, you should:
- Tap on the Apps icon from the Home screen;
- Select Settings;
- Go to Applications;
- Open the Applications Manager;
- You will see a list of apps and if you cannot find the one you want to make visible select More and then tap on Show System Apps;
- The apps currently hidden will have the Disabled label right in the app name’s field;
- Select the app that you want to make visible;
- Tap on Enable.
Knowing the entire above will give you more flexibility in organizing the apps and widgets from your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus smartphone. The alternative to hiding apps from the Apps tray is to use the Galaxy Labs, which will transfer all the apps right on the Home screen.