How To Cut, Copy, And Paste For iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus
Want to learn how to cut, copy, and paste on the iPhone 8 or the iPhone 8 Plus? If you do, you’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we’ll provide tips on how to use the text editing tools built into the iOS operating system.
Once you’ve learned how to cut, copy, and paste on the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, you’ll never go back to not using these features. These tools are so useful for quickly editing messages before sending them, fixing typos, and moving text between different apps.
Cut, copy and paste have been on Windows and Mac for decades. However, many iPhone users aren’t aware that the feature is also available on the iPhone. Learn about how you can use the cut, copy, and paste tools below.
How to Select & Highlight Text on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- Hold your finger down on the text that you’d like to edit
- A magnifying glass will appear over the selected text. Use the tools to make an exact selection to highlight
- Drag your finger over the text to highlight the area you need. Let go once you’ve highlighted it all
- You’ll now have a number of options to choose from. Tap on the select icon to highlight the closest word to the cursor, tap on the select all button to select all of the text in the current entry field
- After you press either of the options, two blue dots will show up on the screen showing the start and end location of the text that will be selected.
- You can move the blue dots around to edit the highlighted text.
- You’ll now have access to more tools, such as cut, copy, and paste.
- Choose which option you need by tapping on it
- If you already have copied text from elsewhere, you can hold your finger on an empty space in a text field to paste it
- Tapping paste will make all previously copied text appear in the entry field you’re currently in