How To Fix Galaxy S7 Volume Not Working, Sound And Audio Problems
Some owners of the new smartphone from Samsung have said that the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge sound not working. This problem includes the volume, sound and audio not working on Galaxy S7 when taking or making calls, which makes it can’t hear the caller or the caller cannot hear them properly.
The following is a guide on a few different ways that you can fix the volume not working on the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge. After you follow the guide below, if the audio problems are continuing to happen, you should go to a retailer to get the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge replaced.
How to fix Galaxy S7 audio not working:
- Turn off your smartphone and take out the SIM card and then reinsert the SIM card on turn on the smartphone.
- Remove any dirt, debris or dust that may be stuck in the microphone, try cleaning the microphone with compressed air and check to see if the Galaxy S7 audio problem is fixed.
- Sometimes audio issues can be caused by Bluetooth. One solution is to turn off the Bluetooth device and see if this will solve the audio problem on the Galaxy S7.
- Wiping cache of your smartphone should help your audio issue. Here are instructions on how to wipe the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge cache.
- You can also enter the Galaxy S7 into Recovery Mode. Here are instructions on how to enter the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge into Recovery Mode.