How To Fix Google Pixel 2 Slow WiFi Problem
Some have reported that the Google Pixel 2 having a slow WiFi problem. One example of a slow WiFi speed on the Pixel 2 is when you use apps like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Whatsapp and many of the icons and pictures look gray, which either don’t come up at all, or take forever to load.
Others have suggested that when they use Google Now, the screen gets stuck on “Recognizing…” and comes up with “Can’t reach Google at the moment.” A main reason that the Pixel 2 WiFi connection is slow is because of a weak WiFi signal that no longer can connect the smartphone to the Internet.
But when the WiFi signal is strong and the WiFi is still slow, this can be a frustrating problem and we can help you fix it. Below are some quick suggestions on how to fix Pixel 2 WiFi problem.
How to Pixel 2 Slow WiFi Problems:
- Factory Reset Pixel 2
- “Forgetting” your Wifi Network and Reconnecting
- Resetting the Modem/Router
- Switching from DHCP to Static Connection on Phone
- Switching DNS to Google’s Addresses on Phone
- Changing the Router Bandwidth Settings
- Changing the Router’s Broadcast Channel
- Adjusting the Modem/Router Security Settings and even Disabling Security
- Calling your ISP and upgrading to a Higher Bandwidth/Speed
In most cases, the above solutions will help solve the slow WiFi problem on the Pixel 2. But if for some reason the Pixel 2 WiFi is still slow, completing a“wipe cache partition” should fix the WiFi issue. This method deletes no data from the Google Pixel 2. All data such as photos, videos and messages are not deleted and will be safe. You can perform the “Wipe Cache Partition“ function in the Android recovery mode. Read this guide to learn how to clear Pixel 2 phone cache.
How to Fix Slow Wifi on Pixel 2:
- Begin with your device powered off
- Press and hold the home, power and volume up buttons simultaneously
- You can let go when the phone begins to boot
- Get through the menus by using the volume keys, and select with the power buttons
- Choose Wipe cache partition and confirm
- The device will reboot