How To Fix Slow Internet On LG G7
There have been complaints of an internet lag problem with the G7. Reports have been coming in that this issue occurs when using social media apps like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube.
There can be a lot of reasons for your G7 to have Internet lag problems. Before we discuss the ways to fix it we share first some reasons why this problem is happening on your device.
Why Internet is Slow on LG G7
Here are the usual reasons why G7 Internet lags:
- You are in an area with poor signal strength
- Your Wi-Fi network is having a problem
- The App or Site that you are trying to access has to many users
- There are just too many of you using the network
- There are a lot of apps running in the background of your device
- You don’t have enough memory on your device
- The Internet cache is full or has been corrupted
- You need to update the LG firmware
- The browser you are using is outdated and is in need of an update
- You have reached the data MB limit with your carrier and speed reduction is being implemented
The reasons we have named above can be the cause of your Internet lag so it is best if you check out what we shared above and troubleshoot based on that. If after checking and the problem is still there, we share ways on how to fix this issue below.
Make Sure Wi-Fi is Turned Off
There are so many wireless networks available to connect for free. Your G7 could still be connected to a network with a weak signal which prevents you from connecting to a new network with a stronger signal or get access to faster mobile data. It is vital to make sure that your Wi-Fi is turned off.
- Turn on your device
- Choose Menu
- Select Settings
- Choose Connections
- Choose Wi-Fi
- Tap the On/Off slider to turn the Wi-Fi Off
Clear Caches on G7
For the majority of the devices with these issues, the methods above will usually solve the problem of slow Internet. If not then a “Wipe Cache Partition” should fix this. What’s great about this method is that no data will be erased. You can do this while in the Android recovery mode.
You can clear the app cache with these instructions:
- Turn on your LG G7
- Go to Settings > App Manager
- Select the app you want to clear the cache for
- After you’ve selected the app, look for the app info screen
- Select on Clear Cache
- To clear the app cache for all apps, go to Settings > Storage
- Select Cached Data to clear all app caches simultaneously
Don’t select Clear Data unless you want to lose all the information that app stores, like passwords, game progress, preferences, and settings.
Scan G7 for Malware
It is also a good idea to check your device for possible malware. You can go to Google Play Store to download a free anti-malware app. It’s best to get one with good reviews and feedback from users. If a threat is detected during a scan, try to clear the cache and data on your device. If the problem still persists, then a factory reset is the next recourse. Do not forget to backup all your files either on a PC or cloud because a reset will wipe out all data on your device.
Get Technical Support
After you have tried all possible solutions and still can’t seem to solve your problem we recommend to take your device to an authorized technician for proper diagnosis. There could be damage that you may have overlooked so best to have the professionals take a look.