How To Reset “Open With” Condition on Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus
If you have purchased the latest flagship phone of Samsung which is the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus, it is very important that you keep the device’s software updated. Since it is new, there might be little bugs that can happen to the device. That’s why Samsung releases an update from time to time to get rid of these bugs. If you don’t keep the Galaxy S9 updated to its latest firmware, you might experience a series of frustrating issues on the smartphone that hinders you to use it the way you do.
You may be having an issue with opening a file. Or, you have an annoying “Open With” pop-up that keeps showing up. No matter the case, you just have to follow the instructions on updating your Samsung Galaxy S9 firmware. Once you do this, you’ll no longer see this kind of notification when you’re opening a file. It will open with the default app for it and if you want to change it, you might have to delete all the default values that are currently stored on the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus.
Once you try to open another file on your Samsung Galaxy S9, a new window will prompt that will allow you to set a default app again each time you open that kind of file. This window will only show up if you delete the values inscribed in there before. Follow the guide below on how you can reset the “Open With” condition on your Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus:
How to Set Default Apps for Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus
- Switch on your Samsung Galaxy S9
- Get to the Home Screen and select the App menu to see the list of apps
- Launch the Settings
- Select Applications from the options
- Then tap on Default Applications
- At this point, you can:
- Change the settings for any of the Browser, Call, or Message apps right from that menu;
- Tap on the Set As Default option to access a longer list of apps that support the Open With assignment;
- Within the Set As Default menu, you will have, again, two other options:
- None set as the Default
- Set as Default
- If you select None set as the Default, that app will not be associated with any kind of file but;
- If you select Set as Default, that app will automatically open the particular file without questions
- Choose the app that you want to delete on the Open With window
- Select the Clear Defaults once a new window opens
- Leave the menu on, then try to open a file that was previously opened by the app – once a prompt shows up saying that you must select a default Open With option, make the changes that you want for the file when opened
If you have successfully followed all the steps shown above, you won’t have to deal with selecting an app when opening a file from time to time, except when you have to set a certain app for a certain file. That’s everything you need to know when handling your Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus preferences if you like to open all kinds of files such as photos, videos, pdf and many more.
If you have something to share about your Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus, feel free to message us or leave a comment below!