How to solve the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Camera Not Working
Some owners of the new Galaxy Note 8 have complained of having issues with their smartphone camera. One effective way to fix this is to take your smartphone to a certified technician to help you fix it. But this means that you will have to wait for some days before you can receive your phone, the worst case scenario is if your smartphone is no longer under warranty. The most annoying part is when your smartphone keeps showing “Warning! Camera error“. This will always prevent you from taking pictures or recording videos on your smartphone. So maybe you are interested in knowing how to solve this issue as quickly as possible.
Luckily enough, there are some proven methods that you can try to solve this issue. While it has not been concluded by technicians whether this issue occurs because of a software or hardware bug, you can make use of the tips below to see if the issue can be fixed:
Start with a simple restart
Sometimes, the camera might not be the one to blame, but rather the smartphone OS. You can simply restart your Samsung Galaxy Note 8, and it will fix the issue. All you need to do is to switch off your smartphone and wait for a few minutes before switching it on. Most time, this process will reload your system files correctly and fix the issue. But if the issue persists, continue to read this guide.
You can Reset the Camera app
Another method that you can consider is to reset the Camera app on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Make use of the following tips to achieve this:
- Locate the Application Manager
- Use your fingers to swipe down the Notification bar
- Click on the Settings icon
- Tap on Applications
- Open the App manager
- Locate the All Apps option from the drop-down menu.
- Search for the Camera app in the list
- Click on it, and a window will come up with all the details of your Camera app.
- Tap on the following buttons, in this precise order:
- Click on Force Stop
- You can now click on Storage
- Click on clear cache
- Click on Clear Data
- Wait for some few minutes for your smartphone to restart.
This should solve the camera issue on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8. But if the problem persists after trying this method, then you should move to the next step.
You can check the Camera module
This is one of the easiest and most effective tests that you can carry out. Depending on what comes out of this test; it will give you an idea of what to do next. You can make use of the steps below to know how to use this method:
- Start the Service menu on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Click on the icon named Mega Cam
- A new window will appear, a camera image should be visible if the cam module is working perfectly.
- If the image is not visible, that means the camera is broken.
- If it’s visible, then you should go ahead and troubleshoot.
If the problem persists after using all the above methods, then you should take the phone back to where you bought if you are still under warranty. But if your smartphone is out of warranty, then you should take it to a certified technician to help you fix it.