How To Turn On Find My iPhone for iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus
For those that have bought an iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, a common question that people ask is “How do I turn on Find My iPhone”? This is required if you want to track your iPhone when lost or when you want to reset your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
Again it’s important to note that “Find My iPhone” must to be enabled before you go to reset your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. You can do this from your device or remotely in iCloud to turn off “Find My iPhone”. The following are step-by-step instructions on how to turn it OFF and ON from your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus:
Steps to Turn ON Find My iPhone:
- Select the Settings app on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus home screen
- Select iCloud in the Settings menu near the bottom of the page
- If Find my iPhone is turned on, you need to turn it off by selecting the button on the right hand side and for the color of the toggle to turn green
- You will then be asked to enter your Apple ID and password. Type it in, then select Turn ON to confirm
- You have now turned ON “Find My iPhone“
NOTE: Change the toggle/switch back on to reactivate Find My iPhone.