How To Track a Lost iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus
It can be extremely frustrating when you lose a smartphone, especially when it’s a Apple iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. But the good news is that you can find a stolen or lost phone. Users have found a lost iPhone inside their own home, or on the other side of the city. Read on for more details on how to find your lost iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
Generally, the most smartphone theft occurs in the springtime. However, there is still a chance that your iPhone theft occurs year-round. The Find My iPhone system allows users to locate their iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus or remotely wipe and delete all data and information.
Select a way to erase your iPhone 8
If you haven’t already done a backup or saved your iPhone data, it’s impossible to save information before you reset your password. To reset the password on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, you’ll need to erase the iPhone.
- If the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus is already synced with iTunes, use the iTunes method.
- If you are signed in to iCloud or Find My iPhone is turned on – use the iCloud method
- If you don’t use iCloud on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus and you can’t sync or connect with iTunes, use the recovery mode method.
Erase your iPhone 8 with iTunes
- Connect your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus to the computer
- Open iTunes and enter the passcode if asked, try another computer you’ve synced with, or use recovery mode
- Wait for iTunes to sync and then make a backup
- After the sync has been done, and the backup has finished, click Restore [your device]
- When the Set Up screen shows up on your phone, select Restore from iTunes backup
- Select your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus in iTunes. Look at the date and size of each backup and pick the most relevant one
Erase your iPhone 8 with iCloud
- Go to iCloud.com/find with a different device
- If required, sign in with your Apple ID
- Then at the top of the browser, select All Devices
- Select the device you want to erase
- Then tap on Erase [device] which’ll erase your device and its passcode
- Now you can either restore from a backup or set up as new
If your device isn’t connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network, you can’t erase it with Find My iPhone.
Erase your iPhone 8 with recovery mode
If you’ve never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you’ll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.
- Connect your iPhone 8 to your computer and open iTunes
- While your iPhone is connected, force restart it: (Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, and don’t release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen)
- When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device