How To Unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Forgot Password (Solution)
A common question that is asked is how to unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge forgot password? Many solutions to reset the password on the Galaxy S6 Edge require to complete a hard factory reset which can delete all your files and data on the smartphone. For those that don’t have their Samsung Galaxy backed up, and want to know how to unlock Galaxy S6 Edge forgot password with our guide. The following is a guide that will teach you three different ways how to reset the lock screen password on the Galaxy S6 Edge when you get locked out and forgot password.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Password Reset with Android Device Manager
The first solution to reset the forgotten password on the Galaxy S6 Edge is for those that have already registered their Galaxy S6 Edge with Android Device Manage. When using Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on Android Device Manger will allow you to get the Galaxy S6 Edge password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Find your Galaxy S6 Edge on the screen
- Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
- Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password on your Galaxy S6 Edge
- Create a new password
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Reset Password with Samsung Find My Mobile
Another option would be to use Samsung’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android), similar to Find My iPhone. You can use the “Remote Controls” feature on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge which will allow you to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the Galaxy S6 Edge. If you have not already registered the Galaxy S6 Edge with Samsung, try registering it as soon as possible
- Register the Galaxy S6 Edge with Samsung
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporary reset the password
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password
- Set a new password
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off the Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- After the Galaxy S6 has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the Galaxy S6 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the Galaxy S6 Edge. It’s important to note that before you go to do a factory reset on the Galaxy S6 Edge, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost.