Huawei P9: How To Delete Internet Browser History
Owners of the Huawei P9 smartphone may want to know how to delete their browser history. Whether you use Chrome, the Android default browser, or some other browser software, there are lots of reasons you might want to clear your browser history. In this article I will give you a brief and simple tutorial on how to clean out your browser history.
How to delete Android browser history
All Android operating system installs come with a default web browser and some users use that browser rather than Chrome or another third-party browser. The Android default browser has some advantages; it is small and fast and sometimes will render complicated web pages better than Chrome will. It’s also less vulnerable to crashes from new features and protocols. Clearing your browser history in the Android browser is simple.
- Load the Android browser.
- Select the three-point or three-dot symbol.
- From the menu that appears, select “Settings”.
- Look for the Privacy option and select “Delete Personal Data”.
- This will bring up a list of web browser history options. On this screen you’ll have a wide range of options including to wipe out your browser history, cache, cookies and site data, and even your auto-fill and password information.
After you have selected the information that you want to delete from your Huawei P9, the process will only take a short period of time to complete.
How to delete Google Chrome browser history
Many Huawei P9 users install Google’s Chrome browser and the process to delete your Google Chrome history on the Huawei P9 is basically similar.
- Load the Chrome browser.
- Select the three-dot menu button.
- From the menu that appears, select “History”.
- Tap on the “Clear Browsing Data” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the types of data and information that you want to delete from Google Chrome.
One benefit of using Chrome is you can remove individual site visits, instead of everything or nothing, so it doesn’t appear that you’re hiding your tracks (even if you are).
Do you have any suggestions on how to clear browser history on your Huawei P9 smartphone? If you do, share them with us in the comments.