Samsung Galaxy S5: How To Turn OFF And ON Without Power Button
Before you can even start using all the wonderful features of this smartphone from Samsung, you need to be able to turn the Galaxy S5 on and off. It’s one of the most basic functions of the device; even more basic than just making a phone call or sending a text message. If you have damaged the power button on the smartphone, you might be thinking that it will be next to impossible to turn the Samsung Galaxy S5 on or off without a lot of hassle, but this isn’t the case.
So you may be asking, “How do I turn my Galaxy S5 on and off when the power button isn’t working?” If you’ve broken or damaged the power button on your smartphone, don’t worry. We’ll explain below how to turn your Galaxy S5 on and off without needing to use the power button.
How to turn ON the Galaxy S5 without using the power button:
- When the Galaxy S5 is turned off, press and hold the volume button.
- While holding the volume button down, connect the Galaxy S5 to a computer using a USB cable.
- Wait for your phone to boot to Download mode.
- Then press down on the volume rocker to cancel the operation.
- After the operation has canceled, the Galaxy S5 will reboot and turn on.
- You have successfully turned on the Galaxy S5 without using the power button.
How to turn OFF the Galaxy S5 without using the power button:
- Press the Home button and go to the Home screen.
- Select the Applications icon.
- Browse and select the Google Play Store icon.
- In the search box, type in Button Savior.
- Download and install the application. You can also download Button Savior on the web if you cannot download it via the Google Play Store.
- After installation, open Button Savior. (You may have to enable debugging mode: follow this guide.)
- Select Kill/Start Button Savior Service.
- A screen will pop-up with a small arrow on the right side of the screen.
- Select it to convert it into icons.
- Tap and hold the Power button on the lowest part of the icon list to see device options.
- Select the Power Off option to use the app to turn off your device.
- You have successfully turned off the Galaxy S5 without using its power button.