Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus: How To Add / Remove Samsung, Google Accounts, Update Information, Turn On Syncs
The Samsung and the Google dedicated accounts are mandatory if you want to enjoy your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus smartphone to its fullest potential. Despite having the possibility to use any other email address, using your Google account is always recommended.
But in case you’re not really sure what’s with all these accounts, read on and inform yourself on the most important aspects. You are about to learn how to add new accounts and how to update the old ones, how to synchronize them and, just as importantly, how to remove older accounts that you no longer need. Let us take them one at a time:
Adding a Samsung Account on Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
This step is essential because Samsung uses its own market and custom made apps. If you want to install apps from that market, you will need a Samsung account. Later on, it could also be useful for tracking down a lost smartphone or for remotely deleting its data or blocking the access to it, all through the dedicated Find My Mobile service!
To add such an account, you must either have one, previously created, and add it to your new Galaxy smartphone, or create one right there, on the spot. We will assume that you do have one, in which case you need to:
- Go to the Home screen;
- Tap on Apps;
- Select Settings;
- Select Accounts;
- Tap on Add Account;
- Tap on the first option, for the Samsung Account;
- Type your username and password;
- Select the Sign In button;
- Choose either Later (if you don’t want to commit to receiving updates and promotional materials) or Agree (if you want to stay up to date with Samsung’s latest offers).
Updating old information on an existing Samsung Account
Creating or adding a Samsung account is just the first step. Coming up next, you should be able to fill in some personal details like your full name and address, your date of birth and contact phone number and even some billing details, in case you’re planning to use Samsung Pay. From the very same section you will be able to add devices information and change passwords, so:
- Go back to the Samsung Account menu under Settings, Accounts;
- Select the option Profile;
- Use your password and tap on Confirm;
- In the newly accessed window, select the tab you want to update;
- Tap on the small pencil symbol to actually edit those entries;
- Tap on Confirm every time when you update an entry;
- Tap on Close when you have finished updating your old information account.
Adding a Google Account on Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
Whether you want to make the best of Google’s services and features, you’ve just tripped the FRP (Factory Reset Protection) or something else, having a Google Account added to Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus is important. To add it:
- Go back to Accounts, under Settings;
- Select the option labeled as Add account – if you don’t have an account yet, use the option “Create a new account”;
- Select the Google account;
- Type in your Google email address;
- Tap on the Next button;
- Type in your Google account password;
- Tap on the Next button one more time;
- Tap on the Agree button to confirm that you accept the terms and conditions that come with using this service;
- Decide if you want to activate the option labeled as “Automatically back up device data”;
- Tap on the Next button.
Activating the Syncs with all your accounts
The whole purpose of having these accounts is to gain access to your important data through them and not having to worry about manually backing up information. Now that you have created a Google and a Samsung account on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus smartphone, turn on the syncs:
- Go to Apps;
- Open the Settings window;
- Tap on Accounts;
- Select an account you wish to activate the syncs for;
- You will see a list with all the types of information you can sync and tap on the switch next to those you would like to activate;
- Repeat with all the accounts, one by one!
Removing a previously created account on Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
When you want to get rid of an old account, return to Settings, Accounts and:
- Select the account you want to remove;
- Tap on the MORE button from the top-right corner;
- Select Remove account;
- Tap on Remove account one more time, in the popup dialog box to confirm.
And that’s how you can control and tweak all the accounts on your smartphone. The sooner you learn to use them, the more benefits you will have!