Samsung Galaxy S9: How To Install APK File Manually
A lot of Samsung Galaxy S9 users rely solely on the Google Play Store to download third-party apps on their devices. There is an alternative option in the form of the Amazon Underground App Market that provides a different option for curious Android users. This leads us to the part of the guide where users can learn to install an app by simply using an APK file.
There are no complicated processes when trying to run an Android installation file, for instance, the latest version of WhatsApp, as an APK file from the site’s official homepage.
If you are at a loss on how to install an APK file like the normal WhatsApp ones, the steps highlighted below will provide meaningful insight for you. Just follow the guidelines as highlighted below:
- Then on your Samsung Galaxy S9 and launch the App menu
- Scroll to the Settings icon on the App menu
- Click on “Device Security”
- Locate the Unknown Sources icon
- Toggle it to the right to activate this feature
- Confirm this action by tapping the OK button
- After this feature has been activated, you simply need to access the APK file that you downloaded
- Launch the APK file and follow the steps as instructed by the installation wizard. The App will be installed after fulfilling the required steps
These are the basic steps associated with using an APK file to install an app. A security protocol is very important while performing this operation. Hence, you should only download and install APK files from trusted websites.
Disable the Unknown Sources feature once you have finished installing the APK file and app.
That’s all for now, and you can now enjoy the new APK experience on the Galaxy S9!